Dart 67 rear windshield gasket source?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
does anyone know a source for the 67 dart 2 door hardtop rear windshield gasket? All the ones I see for 67 note they are for convertible, vinyl top, sedan.....
Any help is appreciated.

If your looking for the correct style gasket with the mylar insert, then Precision is your only choice. They are very pricey and the price can vary significantly from vendor to vendor. Just be sure that your buying the Precision gasket and the correct insert for the price that it will cost you.

Not looking for the front windshield gasket and locking strips, I see those at several vendors....looking for the REAR windshield gasket. Any ideas?

Not looking for the front windshield gasket and locking strips, I see those at several vendors....looking for the REAR windshield gasket. Any ideas?
Yep I knew that. I was just trying to say what I bought, and how well it worked.
They have a huge on-line punch in your make/model catalogue.

Yep I knew that. I was just trying to say what I bought, and how well it worked.
They have a huge on-line punch in your make/model catalogue.
NOW I see them at Precisions Site...Holy Cow there are a ton of them! Lol now I’ve gone from not finding any to not knowing which one I need! my chrome rear glass trim did not have clips, they just pulled right out of the decayed rubber seal. Thoughts?

NOW I see them at Precisions Site...Holy Cow there are a ton of them! Lol now I’ve gone from not finding any to not knowing which one I need! my chrome rear glass trim did not have clips, they just pulled right out of the decayed rubber seal. Thoughts?
I'm not sure there. The lock strip on the front window had no clips. It sits in a groove especially for it with my make/model window gasket.
I did call and talked to them very helpful.

I'm not sure there. The lock strip on the front window had no clips. It sits in a groove especially for it with my make/model window gasket.
I did call and talked to them very helpful.[/Q
I did call and talked to them very helpful.
I will call them tomorrow. Thank you very much for the help.

They went to stainless steel moldings with the "clips" is '68. You could buy a '68 gasket and forego any molding at all. If you use the '67 gasket, you are going to need the plastic insert and the little metal corners in order for it seal.

Last edited:
They went to stainless steel moldings with the "clips" is '68. You could buy a '68 gasket and for-go any molding at all. If you use the '67 gasket, you are going to need the plastic insert and the little metal corners in order for it seal.
I had no Plastic insert or metal corners when I removed my metal trim. Do you have pics or part numbers for these? It’s entirely possible a previous owner put an incorrect gasket on....

Sucks that Precision is the only route for original style. Pricey for sure, plus you are still left with lousy 67 design. Good quality from everything I've read and heard.To replace my 67 fastback front and rear would cost close to $1000 CDN delivered.
They went to stainless steel moldings with the "clips" is '68. You could buy a '68 gasket and forego any molding at all. If you use the '67 gasket, you are going to need the plastic insert and the little metal corners in order for it seal.

does anyone know a source for the 67 dart 2 door hardtop rear windshield gasket? All the ones I see for 67 note they are for convertible, vinyl top, sedan.....
Any help is appreciated.
Steele Rubber company

That is the Precision gasket that uses the special mylar insert.

-
Back