Dart/Duster Bumper ?

Mopar Body and Trim

1. 440dartsport

440dartsport Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:01 PM
    I have a 74 Dart Sport and I want to move the rear bumper in closer to the body. I just bought a set of 70 Duster rear bumper brackets. I am thinking that I should just put a set of aar fiberglass bumpers on it to save weight. My question is that aar lists the 70-72 duster bumper different from the 73-76 Dart. What bumper should I be looking at to use with the 70 mounts to bring it in to the body closer?

2. oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    .................I think maybe a demon bumper and brackets may work 4 u .........but not positive.....kim....

3. Burntorange70

Burntorange70 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:01 AM
    You got shock mounts or brackets on the 74? You can put a 70-72 Duster/Demon bumper on the rear. Will need to find a way to mount the brackets if your car had shock mounts. There will be a big hole that the shock came through that will need filled in with some sheet metal. Then some holes drilled.

If your 74 has brackets I am not sure if they are the same or not as the 70-72 brackets but again worst case is you will have to drill a few holes. Then run bolts with nuts or weld the nuts on the the bumper mount panel.

Here is a pic of me holding up a glass 70-72 bumper on my 75 Duster. As you can see there is no lip on the ends of the later cars 1/4's to hide the bumper gap there. Need to either weld in a lip. Or if a glass bumper is used maybe graft some more glass on the bumper in that area. Or just say F it and have a gap there. :D

Attached Files:

4. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    how much of a real visual difference between a 70 duster rear bumper and a 73 bumper is there or is there any? does any one have a pic of the two side by side?

5. 440dartsport

440dartsport Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I would like to see this also.

My car originally had shocks but I just picked up a set of 70-72 rear mounts. Now I just have to figure out what bumper to get...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.