Dart radiator size

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Could someone tell me if a Dart with 318 would have came with a 26 inch core radiator, or the 22 inch
thank you
Happy Holidays
George

If you`re looking for something factory to cool well then try to find cars with AC, trailer packages, taxis, or police/civic oriented cars. They`ll almost always have larger capacity radiators.

On our 2 street cars we have used aftermarket aluminum radiators for a foxbody mustang and then I built 4 ears out of aluminum angle and had them welded on. If you do this(make your own brackets drill the hole then cut the angle, its alot easier than trying to drill 7/16 holes in a half in wide piece of angle lol.
030209_14531.jpg

Another pic of it installed:
030209_14491.jpg

They seem to work well and we dont have any cooling issues. We dont run thermostats in any of our stuff just the thermostat gutted so it acts like a restrictor. I just dont want to trust one of our engines to a 1.98 part. If you go this route make sure the radiator has a drain,I had to have one installed in the radiator in our 67gt and our duster still needs it done. The radiator in the pic is in our duster and I got it out of a friends mustang gt after he wrecked it is why it looks banged up but it works fine,doesn't leak.
Good luck,
Jr.

Hello everyone
Could someone tell me if a Dart with 318 would have came with a 26 inch core radiator, or the 22 inch
thank you
Happy Holidays
George

/6 & 318 Darts came with 19" radiators.
Unless they had AC or Heavy Duty cooling,in which they would come
with a 22" radiator.

For a 73 it would be....

19 inch is standard

26 with A/C or max cooling

Check your data tag. Should be the next to the last code.

P2072516.jpg

P8120111.jpg

thank you
I believe my Dart came with the 26". The distance between mounting holes appears to be too great for a smaller radiator. Unfortunately I dont have the data tag, guess someone never put it back over its lifetime.

My bad. You guys are talking 1973.
19 and 26 would be correct.

-
Back