Dart Swinger special Rubber floor mat repair

-

Slant Six Bumblebee

Reaction score
I have a 1972 dodge dart swinger special. The rubber floor has some rips and tears in it. How should i go about fixing/ patching this

IMG_1347[1].JPG

My 72 Demon has the black with blue specs floor mat. So much better than a carpet. I have a small tears in mine. I bought a roll of the rubber roof tape they use for extreme climates and cleaned it really good (back side) taped up the splits and squeezed it together with - 2x4 on either side and clamps. I let it sit over night. Next morning it kinda was really good. Barely see the crack and solid to this day. I’m not sure but the tape was rubber with a silver metal style backer. Forget the name but went to a real lumber yard to buy it not cheap o depot.
Syleng1

I was going to try this on my origional trunk matt.

I bought some wide screen doors screenand a can of spray rubber like flexseal.

My plan was to tape the top side and even over the missing spots.

Turn it over and do a light spray over the back side, imbed the screen into it, then do a heavy spray over the rest.

After it cures remove the tape from the front and my hope is the missing sections will be solid and flat. There will not be any color or texture but it should be solid and hold upwith the reinforcement.

-
Back