Dart vibration @65+MPH under load

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
OK, so its a newer 2013 Dart... not an a-body, please be bear with me. I want to get your guy's input before I start digging into things. This is my commuter car and to be honest it's serving its purpose as such very well.

About a month ago I nailed a pothole on my commute to work that ruined the front passenger side rim/ tire. After getting the rim and tire replaced (in addition to a tire rotation at the same time) I noticed a vibration the comes in around 65 mph and progressively gets worse as I accelerate (the more load on the engine the worse it is). If I let off the gas or put the transmission in neutral, the vibration goes away. Sitting in the driver's seat, it feels like the vibration is coming from the front passenger area.
I dont think this is a tire balance issue, but at the same time struggle to tie these symptoms to a wheel bearing or CV joint issue. I did take a look under the car to make sure there is no other damage/ bent parts from the pothole. Everything seems tight and in good condition. If you guys have any other suggestions I would love to hear them.

-
Back