DASH GAUGES NON A BODY

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced there gauge cluster with some thing other than an A body ? I love the 68-70 charger gauges. Would'nt mind replacing my 67 barracuda cluster with a 68-70 chargers. I know they have after market gauge clusters out there but i want something different.

You would probably need to cut out from the Charger (or whatever the donor is) the instrument cluster area from the metal dash and section it in to your dash or perhaps shorten the donor dash frame to fit the A Body.

You would probably need to cut out from the Charger (or whatever the donor is) the instrument cluster area from the metal dash and section it in to your dash or perhaps shorten the donor dash frame to fit the A Body.
hey i never thought of doing it that way that just might be the ticket thanks

I designed this years ago with an eye for putting aftermarket gages in an A body rallye dash. Layout was supposed to be like a charger with tach and speedometer flipped so tach is in front of the driver along with oil pressure and temp. Then I ended up restoring the stock cluster. Honestly just copying what I have and installing some autometers or speedhuts would be much cleaner than trying to fit a 68-70 charger dash in the car. 3&3/8" speedo and tach, and 2&1/16" for the other 4 would put it about the right scale for a chargeresque dash in an A body. Maybe get rocker switches from a charger and fit them in somehow. I was going to just use the stock knobs from the A body dash. I had not figured out how I was going to integrate the heat and defog controls into it when I abandoned the idea.

downloadfile-13.jpg

downloadfile-14.jpg

downloadfile-22.jpg

downloadfile-20.jpg

downloadfile-23.jpg

Last edited:
I designed this years ago with an eye for putting aftermarket gages in an A body rallye dash. Layout was supposed to be like a charger with tach and speedometer flipped to tach is in front of the driver along with oil pressure and temp. Then I ended up restoring the stock cluster. Honestly just copying what I have and installing some autometers or speedhuts would be much cleaner than trying to fit a 68-70 charger dash in the car.

View attachment 1715750173

View attachment 1715750174

View attachment 1715750175

View attachment 1715750176

View attachment 1715750177
ill have to give that idea some thought thank you

Had this made for my Dart, but you could transplant another one, just need to fab a little.

20161005_163443.jpg

-
Back