Dash pad fix

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO!
Is it possible to make these dash pad dingers go away? I have two straight fairly nice pads, but with the dingers, it will bug me later. I recently noticed one in the electric blue interior dash pad on the duster as well, ugh, it has no blemishes.... until now. One is still pretty soft, the other a bit more toasty. I have only one picture, pretty standard dinger. Fill, sand and paint? Cover? I have read some of the threads and seen some awesome custom work (trail beast) but I'm looking for stock look.

Thanks FABO!
20210129_092025.jpg

I’ve heard of people filling cracks and holes with expanding foam, then shaving and sanding it down for paint, I don’t know if that’d work with the “leather” texture though.

I didnt go for the recore, other than sending my metal frame in as a core. I bought one they had with a new moulded ABS frame. Very nice construction. They said it was a blem, but I couldent find anything wrong with it. Fit was real nice too. If I can recall, I think I got the blem with the ABS frame for $138. Minus a $20 core. My local boneyard "gave me" 4 sun baked A body cores for free. I had those 4 plus plus my core. The box it came in had a fed ex return tag. I loaded all 5 of em in and sent em. They credited me $100 so when the smoke cleared I only payed $38 for a repop dash pad with ABS frame lol. This was a good deal on a blem. I found these folks on evilbay, bought the blem, found nothing wrong with it at all. They are located in El Paso Tx. If you got multiple cores see if they will take them.

Last edited:
-
Back