Dash Pad

-

bob7four

Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the dash pad without removing the windshield in a 69 Barracuda?

Sure..I have never removed a windshield to replace a pad...there are 5 nuts and 2 small screws on the edge...nuts are 7/16 screws are 5/16...

Thanks. I know I saw a reference to removing the window In another thread which had me concerned.

Really? I coulda swore mine had sheetmetal screws that came in from the WS side?

I guess I'm thinking about removing the dash frame from my '72 Dart. I never realized that the pad could be removed.

Its is a 5/16 sheet metal scew on each edge

5 nuts on studs welded to the pad substrate. One is dead center, other 4 evenly spaced. turned down ends of the pad have sheet metal screw. I remember seeing early on that aftermarket reproduction pads didn't include the raised spots for these end screws. The installer had to round up 2 slightly longer screws. That may have been corrected today.

Last edited:
Its way easier removing the glass to do this.
To swap the dash frame yes; it's a bit easier if the windshield is out;
but not for just the pad.
I removed the gauge cluster tho and the glove box. This makes it easy. Don't forget to disconnect the battery!, cuz the amp gauge sits mighty close to the all-metal pedal hanger/ column support.....

Last edited:
5 nuts on studs welded to the pad substrate. One is dead center...
Yep, not going to say its easy, but certainly no need to pull glass.

5F1B6921-F84E-49F4-A3F9-1F1882FF7AAB.jpeg

So why was I thinking 5 studs when pic shows only 4? Did this pattern change at some year model? Or is the 5 bolt pattern at dash house to cowl and this 4 stud pattern at dash pad common to all? Oh well,,, same chore regardless.
I do recall others, like Ranger/Bronco2 for example, being much more labor. Have fun

So why was I thinking 5 studs when pic shows only 4? Did this pattern change at some year model? Or is the 5 bolt pattern at dash house to cowl and this 4 stud pattern at dash pad common to all? Oh well,,, same chore regardless.
You are right, 5 of them. Sorry for the confusion -I just didn't catch the other end in the pic.

-
Back