DASHBOARD - 1964 Barracuda

-

maverick

1964 BARRACUDA 273-5sp.
Reaction score
Hello everyone...
Could anyone tell me if this dashboard would fit into a '64 Barracuda, and how hard is it to remount it back in? :-|
*see attached pictures

Thank you...

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

dash4.jpg

I am not too sure, does look lik eit was for a push button car, which would be right for your 64 if it is an auto. As for putting it in your car, i think you will have to remove the windshield.

That is a 64 dash for sure. Pushbutton, pull vents and the bottom screw holes for the speed-o-meter cluster are in the corners on the bottom. The 65 Cuda's were in towards the middle a little more. I was going to try and put the 65 cuda cluster in my car and noticed it wouldn't screw into the dash on the bottom of my 64 Dash in my Valiant cause the holes wouldn't line up.

Lee

this may sound funny,, as far as i know,,64 baracudas didnt come with a dash pad,,,that dash frame i believe is fro ma 64 dart,,64 was the last year for push button,,,shifter,,,but it should fit,and yes you have to remove the windshield,,,the attching screws are under the glass...

As already stated, you have to pull the windshield. It should (key word) fit. I believe that the dash pad was an option for the 64 Barracuda.
Good luck!

The shifter hole is there even for a stick. It's covered by the shifter delete plate. I finally put my shifter delete plate over mine.

The shifter hole is there even for a stick. It's covered by the shifter delete plate. I finally put my shifter delete plate over mine.

My standard dash didn't have that spot for the auto, but I have seen cars with that plate. I thought it was there just for the nice trim underneath the heater controls and on the glove box door if you it had that the big plate to the left of the speedometer cluster when on a standard?

Learn something every day.

Lee

I've seen a '64 Barracuda with a standard floor shifter and a plate up there on the left. I've posted a picture. It had a non-original round hole for a clock or something.

The radio hole has been cut, but it looks like an original stock radio bezel will cover it up, and you can plug those holes where the dash pad was with some painted wooden dowels, or get a dashpad, or just leave them until you get a dashpad. Some "Chicago nuts" might work to plug the holes too (flat nuts that thread into another flat nut creating two flat sides).

221.jpg

My 4spd 64 Barracuda came with the auto pushbutton cutout and the pushbutton delete dash plate. It also came with the padded dash.

I still think that it's tied to the chrome package deal. I've never seen a 64 standard dash with the chrome trim running across the dash with out that big plate.

Lee

I still think that it's tied to the chrome package deal. I've never seen a 64 standard dash with the chrome trim running across the dash with out that big plate.

Lee
Anybody know where I can get one of those pretty chrome delete plates?

-
Back