A few weeks before Christmas I started revamping my interior. The pad and panels were in very bad shape so I thought I would try recovering them myself. I went out and bought some black automotive vinyl and some contact cement. I had a plan. I stripped the old plastic off the pad and was horrified to see the foam underneath. I decided to patch the holes and low spots with some HD foam I had laying around. After getting the foam glued on I started laying the vinyl down. I soon learned that I had way to much new foam even after cutting it way back. I finally got it to where I wanted it and proceeded to lay the vinyl down. I'm pretty sure the factory used a heat shrink type of vinyl as I had to put a seam at each end of the pad where it curves down. Not a big deal once I figured out a good way to cut it so the edges would match. Here are some pics of the old pad and some of the work.