Dates: MATS 2017 Las Vegas

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend just emailed me letting me know they received notice from The Cannery hotel in Las Vegas that 2017 MATS dates are April 21-23.
Time for the planning to start!

Last edited:
For anyone that pre-booked Cannery reservations last year for the 2017 show, you need to call ASAP & confirm. The MATS dates for this year were not included in the weekends reserved for you by the hotel....

made our MATS reservations the other day...staying at Harrah's LV.:)
Also...getting tickets to see Steely Dan at the Venetian 4/22, sat night.:D

Never been to MATS but want to go for the first time this year. Any recommendations on hotels that are close to the action/events planned? I would be driving in from CA.

Never been to MATS but want to go for the first time this year. Any recommendations on hotels that are close to the action/events planned? I would be driving in from CA.

All of MATS action takes place either at the Speedway or at the host hotel, The Cannery, in North Las Vegas.
The Cannery is always booked up far in advance but there are other hotels/motels in the immediate area - just depends on what kind of accommodations you're looking for and how much you want to spend.
We always stay at a quieter timeshare rental place just off the strip.
Lots of places to eat around the area as well from fast food on up. Don't overlook The Cannery for good food. Victory's Cafe inside The Cannery has good food at a reasonable price. Our Inland Mopars Car Club always gets together on Friday night for a group dinner at Casa Cocina Restaurante Mexicano inside The Cannery.
Other good, reasonably priced restaurants are on our annual go-to list as well.
Again, it all depends on what you want and what you want to spend.
Post up what you're looking for and I'll try to help.

All of MATS action takes place either at the Speedway or at the host hotel, The Cannery, in North Las Vegas.
The Cannery is always booked up far in advance but there are other hotels/motels in the immediate area - just depends on what kind of accommodations you're looking for and how much you want to spend.
We always stay at a quieter timeshare rental place just off the strip.
Lots of places to eat around the area as well from fast food on up. Don't overlook The Cannery for good food. Victory's Cafe inside The Cannery has good food at a reasonable price. Our Inland Mopars Car Club always gets together on Friday night for a group dinner at Casa Cocina Restaurante Mexicano inside The Cannery.
Other good, reasonably priced restaurants are on our annual go-to list as well.
Again, it all depends on what you want and what you want to spend.
Post up what you're looking for and I'll try to help.
Thanks for the info, I would like to stay at the host hotel or one very close to it. Don't really care for too many amenities as long as the room is under $200 a night, it works for me. I mainly want to be staying in an area at least close to the planned events/cruises.

What part of So Cal do you guys head out from and on what day? Kicking around the idea of driving out there, leaving from San Diego.

What part of So Cal do you guys head out from and on what day? Kicking around the idea of driving out there, leaving from San Diego.

If you're asking about the Inland Mopars members heading to MATS, we will be driving up on Thursday, April 20. We usually meet up at the McDonalds in the Cajon Pass and leave from there. PM me if you're interested and I'll get you the time details.

Thanks for the info, I would like to stay at the host hotel or one very close to it. Don't really care for too many amenities as long as the room is under $200 a night, it works for me. I mainly want to be staying in an area at least close to the planned events/cruises.

Here's the 3 closest to The Cannery:
* Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway, 2852 E. Craig Rd, 702-655-0111
* SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway, 2910 E. Craig Rd, 702-522-9200
* Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites, 4540 Donovan Way, 800-780-7234 or 702-649-3000

Here are a couple of choices for hotels. I would try calling to get on the "wait list" for the Cannery. It's where most evening activities are concentrated :) There are free concerts & car shows both nights at the hotel.

Hampton Inn Las Vegas North Speedway Hotel

North Las Vegas Hotels | BEST WESTERN PLUS North Las Vegas Inn & Suites| Hotels near the Strip

Perfect. Yeah the Cannery is booked so I'm gonna shoot for one of the other nearby hotels. Thanks for the quick info, looking forward to the event.

I'm looking to going for my first time this year. I was planning on heading out Thursday and staying a near by hotel. Maybe I can cruise with you guys, OCDart?

Only 3 weeks away....Who else is going?

Ken @ocdart , Any chance we can set up another meet 'n greet at your Mopar Club booth? It worked out great last year IMO :D

I'll be there! Will likely be cruising up with OCDart and his boys depending on how soon I can get out of San Diego. If I get caught up at the office, I'll cruise up with the dudes heading out on the Mopower Cruise a bit later in the day.

Either way, I'll be driving the '70 Swinger there!

Only 3 weeks away....Who else is going?

Ken @ocdart , Any chance we can set up another meet 'n greet at your Mopar Club booth? It worked out great last year IMO :D

How about Saturday afternoon at 2PM? Same as last year.
Inland Mopars will have our booth on the Manufacturers Midway.

I'm looking to going for my first time this year. I was planning on heading out Thursday and staying a near by hotel. Maybe I can cruise with you guys, OCDart?

Sure! We're meeting at the McDonalds on Cajon Pass - pulling out of there around 10AM on Thursday, April 20.
We'll make a fuel stop in Baker for those who need to feed their ride.

Wooohooo...its this weekend!
Flying up friday early am.
See y'all there.

-
Back