"Dave's Hot Chicken" review

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
New chain chicken joint we finally got out there. F'n HOT! Me and my son of 21 got the hot flavor (3 down from the hottest) and the wife shared a 'no spice' combo with junior. The no spice is like any tender you'd get at the grocery store that cooks it there. The HOT is a dark red/brown coating that is straight cayenne, chili powder and something, maybe salt. The sauce is like Canes: Mayo and worchestershire, ketchup and paprika but its a little more sweet and less salty. Many of you could probably handle the HOT but Its about on par with the nuclear chicken ramen I told you all about earlier. It gets you about 5 seconds after you taste it. I actually only finished 1 of the 2 tenders and traded the other for a mild (level 3) from the to-go box I got for son #2. I let him sweat it out, he went for the milk in the fridge and then ate a danish. The tenders are served with about 8 pickle slices (may cut the spice if eaten with the chicken) and a piece of lightly toasted white bread. Fries were the best! Crispy, crinkle cut with same paprika but no chili powder. 2 tender combo was ~$12 here. The Mild had the same flavor as the Hot without the burn: I'd recommend the mild.

If it burns going in, it burns going out.
I stick to mild seasoned foods. Slightly warm.

-
Back