Dave's hot wheel car

-

Jerry gray

Reaction score
Hey Mopar fans. I have a good story about a nice car. I found the car in West Virginia last week.the previous owner passed away.he was Dave Ingram of Fairmont west VA. I bought the car from his son.dave Jr. Dave Jr told me his dad came up to him @ 69 years old and had a sassy grass Dodge dart in his hand.he said I'm going to build Sheila's dart just like this car.and pop some nice wheelies He almost finished it.and did a great job on the car. It has a r3 w2 small block. Power glide D,60 after market front suspension (anyone know who's design) fiberglass front ,hood, doors bumpers. Almost every thing to finish.dave Jr told me to take every Mopar part in the shop. I'm going to try and do a good job for Dave Sr. it is going to be a fast little dart.and pop some awesome wheelies

15622089151907213840195321381442.jpg

15622089874395075534886173886894.jpg

15622091369217653638445632244063.jpg

1562209236916429671382351907121.jpg

Thats a nice start for a project. LOL I ran a duster drag car with the toilet on it , I liked it a lot , simple and cool looking.

I'm
Thats a nice start for a project. LOL I ran a duster drag car with the toilet on it , I liked it a lot , simple and cool looking.
Leaning towards a carburetor to bracket race the car.it is a nice system.several guys using it with alcohol

That looks kinda like a Brazilian Charger front end.

BRAZIL CHARGER.jpg

It does look like the front of the charger. I think the fiberglass was solid and they cut it out and did a good job of matching the charger.dont know if intentional or not.

It does look like the front of the charger. I think the fiberglass was solid and they cut it out and did a good job of matching the charger.dont know if intentional or not.

I like it. I think it's super cool.

looks like a RMS / Alterkation coil over / rack and pinion conversion.....but the tie rod ends go on the bottom of the steering arms, not the top. google them, I believe their install instructions are on their site.

nice start, looks like the dirty work is pretty much done.

looks like a RMS / Alterkation coil over / rack and pinion conversion.....but the tie rod ends go on the bottom of the steering arms, not the top. google them, I believe their install instructions are on their site.

Thanks for the tip about the tie rods and ID of the front of the dart..they did the same thing with the rear end.put the caltracs shock mounts on backwards and added a upper cross member to mount the shocks.in front of the rear. I'm not sure why. I thinking about ladder bars and coilovers.

Thanks,I'm going to need to change the one in my barracuda.popping wheelies has taken its toll on the front end.driver's side.torsion bar is
sloppy going thru the k frame.lower.control arm bushing is taking a beating. I stopped running it until I get it done.still unsure which way to go factory k frame/ after market.

Hey Denny, I have a question about torsion bar eliminator.my drivers side bar is sloppy going thru the kframe.and lower control arm bushing is suffering.can I use the kit to fix this without changing the kframe rt now.i want to finish the season before taking it apart.

How long have you been running the k-frame in the Barracuda, there is nothing wrong with the Mopar torsion bar suspension, I think you could fix it and beef it up in the critical areas, People have been running that front end for a real long time, poppin' wheelies and all. Love that green Dart, what year is it, it looks to have a 1970 something rear end and a 1960 something front.

Jeff

How long have you been running the k-frame in the Barracuda, there is nothing wrong with the Mopar torsion bar suspension, I think you could fix it and beef it up in the critical areas, People have been running that front end for a real long time, poppin' wheelies and all. Love that green Dart, what year is it, it looks to have a 1970 something rear end and a 1960 something front.

Jeff

Been running it since 1989 when I got the car.the have another kframe.just don't want to change it rt now.thinking the kit would work and save my season. 1970 dart with a 69 glass front . going to be a fast car.

Hey Denny, I have a question about torsion bar eliminator.my drivers side bar is sloppy going thru the kframe.and lower control arm bushing is suffering.can I use the kit to fix this without changing the kframe rt now.i want to finish the season before taking it apart.

The lower control arm bushing....yes, the new LCA has it's own bushing.

The sloppiness in the K....no, the HDK torsion bar eliminator makes zero modifications or repairs to your K.

Let me know how I can help.

I'm going to fix the hole in the kframe and eliminate the torsion bar. I can do that in place I think.do you have a thread with the install

I changed the tie rod ends to the correct position.downloaded the instructions as hemidenny suggested.and cleaned the dust off. It had some stripes painted on the quarter. I took those off with the decal wheel.sanded with 3000 and buffed.cleaned.the dust out of the trunk.going inside the car and get the dust out. Got some work to do to get.this ready to pop wheelies.have most of the stuff.to finish.need power glide shifter, driveshaft and window mounting kit.dash and some hoses
IMG_20190704_194150.jpg
in

IMG_20190703_211333.jpg

MVIMG_20190704_204256.jpg

-
Back