Day 1

-

Shenango

Reaction score
Just got home with my 1970 Dart 340 4 speed. A beautiful older restoration with original numbers matching drive line and interior. Fresh paint (20 years ago) in the original EB5 Bright Blue Metallic.
Now a little about me. I am an older, sometimes gentleman and have been retired for 3 years. My first ride was a 67 Dart GT. 225 auto, copper with black buckets and vinyl roof. That car was not what I wanted so I traded for a 70 Swinger 340 4 speed, dark green metallic. Those Darts were a world away and many moons ago. Uncle Sam decided I should defend my country against the red menace and off I went to spend 4 years in the Air Force. The 340 had to be parted with but never left my imagination. After the service I was too busy raising a family and making a living to have many big boy toys. Now to the retirement. After a year of searching and not being able to find any kind of MOPAR muscle that was remotely affordable, the wife found a gorgeous 75 Vette that was well within my budget. The Vette had gone through a frame off restoration 18 years ago and was pretty close to an all original car. That was 2 1/2 years ago, but only 5 days ago she put an add in front of me for the Dart. After an hour drive for a look see and some negotiations with the owner and an affirmative nod from the Mrs. we brought it home today. I hope I can get a picture with this post if not I'll try later.
580A0300-1.JPG

Beautiful car!
Welcome to the forum!

MORE PICTURES!

Congratulations! !

Jeff

Just got home with my 1970 Dart 340 4 speed. A beautiful older restoration with original numbers matching drive line and interior. Fresh paint (20 years ago) in the original EB5 Bright Blue Metallic.
Now a little about me. I am an older, sometimes gentleman and have been retired for 3 years. My first ride was a 67 Dart GT. 225 auto, copper with black buckets and vinyl roof. That car was not what I wanted so I traded for a 70 Swinger 340 4 speed, dark green metallic. Those Darts were a world away and many moons ago. Uncle Sam decided I should defend my country against the red menace and off I went to spend 4 years in the Air Force. The 340 had to be parted with but never left my imagination. After the service I was too busy raising a family and making a living to have many big boy toys. Now to the retirement. After a year of searching and not being able to find any kind of MOPAR muscle that was remotely affordable, the wife found a gorgeous 75 Vette that was well within my budget. The Vette had gone through a frame off restoration 18 years ago and was pretty close to an all original car. That was 2 1/2 years ago, but only 5 days ago she put an add in front of me for the Dart. After an hour drive for a look see and some negotiations with the owner and an affirmative nod from the Mrs. we brought it home today. I hope I can get a picture with this post if not I'll try later.View attachment 1715045011
You have great taste in mopars, and a wonderful Mrs.

Welcome from one retired Mopar fan to another. Nice looking car you have..

Here is a picture of the mouse she found for me 2 1/2 years ago. Great car and runs real well. My wife won't drive either car but enjoys riding in them. Looks like we will be a 2 hotrod home for the foreseeable future.
vet-1.JPG

Welcome to FABO from a native Keystone Stater!!!

GREAT looking Dart!! Thank you for your service from a fellow blue suiter!

Now a little about me. I am an older, sometimes gentleman and have been retired for 3 years. My first ride was a 67 Dart GT. 225 auto, copper with black buckets and vinyl roof. That car was not what I wanted so I traded for a 70 Swinger 340 4 speed, dark green metallic. Those Darts were a world away and many moons ago. Uncle Sam decided I should defend my country against the red menace and off I went to spend 4 years in the Air Force. The 340 had to be parted with but never left my imagination. After the service I was too busy raising a family and making a living to have many big boy toys. Now to the retirement. After a year of searching and not being able to find any kind of MOPAR muscle that was remotely affordable, the wife found a gorgeous 75 Vette that was well within my budget. The Vette had gone through a frame off restoration 18 years ago and was pretty close to an all original car. That was 2 1/2 years ago, but only 5 days ago she put an add in front of me for the Dart. After an hour drive for a look see and some negotiations with the owner and an affirmative nod from the Mrs. we brought it home today. I hope I can get a picture with this post if not I'll try later.View attachment 1715045011

Beautiful Dart! I like that color a lot but I am a fan of blue cars. I like the "Dirk Diggler" too. I always have wanted a shark Vette. I came close to pulling the trigger twice for one. Maybe one day:)

-
Back