decided to "fix" the gauges

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I have been tired of looking at gauges that didn't give me any help. Wouldn't work for whatever reasons, so I decided that I would spend some time with them and finally "fix" them!

What do you think?!

A before picture of the ugly and barely working gauges and an after pic!

Dart 009.JPG

Dart 003.JPG

Dart 004.JPG

??? wheres the after?

the 2nd and 3rd picture.

Figured if they aren't there I dont have anything to worry about. I supposed I should try to stick a piece of plywood where they used to be. that would probably look better.

3,000 rpm @ 60 mph while running on empty in Park? :-D

Wylde1.
I'd prop the gas gauge needle up to 1/2 tank... then you would never run out of gas, never be speeding down the freeway, and never over rev the motor! (LOL)...

the 2nd and 3rd picture.

Figured if they aren't there I dont have anything to worry about. I supposed I should try to stick a piece of plywood where they used to be. that would probably look better.

lol

Well, I am kinda sick of kickin this thing around. I guess I could put it in...

Dart 028.JPG

Dart 034.JPG

Hey Mopardude,
You have a couple of pachincko machines in the back. I have one in the shop also, was brought over after the second world war.
I keep winning but noone ever gives me a prize:happy10:
Andrew

Hey Mopardude,
You have a couple of pachincko machines in the back. I have one in the shop also, was brought over after the second world war.
I keep winning but noone ever gives me a prize:happy10:
Andrew

Oh yea, they are definitely cool! I play it from time to time when i get bored LOL

Or at least take 1,000 pics from every angle so we can copy it.

Wylde1.

I think I could get some more pictures for you. I'll try to get them up tomorrow for you. After I bought this I had a friend look at it and said that he could build it. Of course, the company is out of business, so I don't see any harm in reproducing it for yourself.

Well, I am kinda sick of kickin this thing around. I guess I could put it in...

is that one the one that goes all the way across the dash? i only got the gauge section. now i wish i got the full dash one. guess i'll try to make it. the hard one is done i figure.

DSC_0017.jpg

yea, It is the A-11. Plus the glove box cover. I finished it once, but there were a couple runs in the paint and I am getting around to doing it again since I cut the dash to get this one installed.

The top will be painted a wrinkle black (thanks to Sydcuda), and I am going to brush the bottom and seal it with beeswax or clear coat.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has had this hanging on the wall for 2 years before getting around to the installation!

Dart 002-1.JPG

Dart 002.JPG

dude! that is very nice!! I sure in the hell wish i bought one when they were still in business!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the time I couldn't justify the cost, but I'm having a helluva time making one!

yea, it was expensive. I think I have $1,300 between the dash, gauges and wiring harness. That was before this weekend when I realized that the manual speedometer hits the steering support (check the picture with it in the car without the speedometer in), and the speedometer cable doesn't even plug into the auto meter speedometer.

So another $280 spent on an electrical speedo and electric sending unit. So it will be close to $1,500 said and done. Thats alot for some nice looking gauges. I'm sure you can make something just as nice for alot less. It looks like you have a good start. I'll get you some closer pictures of the gauge mounts tomorrow.

yea, It is the A-11. Plus the glove box cover. I finished it once, but there were a couple runs in the paint and I am getting around to doing it again since I cut the dash to get this one installed.

The top will be painted a wrinkle black (thanks to Sydcuda), and I am going to brush the bottom and seal it with beeswax or clear coat.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has had this hanging on the wall for 2 years before getting around to the installation!

lol.. mine has been sitting in the box sisnce i got it. just tarted looking t gauges fo it. holy crap!!! $800 for the ones i really like. may have to cheap out a bit..lol

if you get a chance could you get a pic of the rear of the heat control? like to see how that was done so maybe i can duplicate it.

I think I bought cheaper gauges than I wanted to to help justify it. I think they will look good though. I know I'll be happy. It would just have been easier if i got the electric speedo first, so now I have the mechanical to sell. Plus I dropped the water temp gauge and dented it, so I bought another for $50.

Here are the pics. Sorry they are small. Had to resize them twice to get them to upload.

010.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

017.JPG

021.JPG

025.JPG

028.JPG

-
Back