Deer tick bite.

-
Hope you catch it early, good luck and it pays to listen, us men are way too stubborn and it’s good we see a doctor from time to time lol

This is a great site with great cars, but it’s the people here that make it the best MoPar site on the web!

I contracted limes 18 years ago, I woke up the next morning with a red line going up my arm to my arm pit from a tic bit jus 20 hours before I took it off correctly
I went to the emergency room, they sent me to another doctor that gave me a shot in the belly and meds and he said to return the next day, I did and they took blood , I had 3 bares of limes...what ever that mean, I lost 35 lbs and looked like a man that was going to die, but after three weeks I started feeling better, they saved my life and luckily I went to the doctor the next morning like I did, they kept testing my blood for two years, now i carry just one bar .. never get rid of it but i am good to go at 60 .

I got a deer tick in my chest the other day. It was probably in for around 6-8 hours.
Pulled it out and the head stayed in. That was yesterday. Today i have the target shaped concentric rings around the bite.

Took out my knife and opened it up, used some tweezers and i think i got most of the head out now.

What i found on the net says as long as the tick is removed with in 24, 36 hours the odds of lyme disease are very slim.

It hand not started to feed as ot was still quite small and not engorged.

I had a buddy whos dad died from complications of lyme disease so im a little concerned. How worried do you folks think i should be? Should i be making a doctor's appointment?

Ive always been the kinda guy who dont go to the doctor but now ive got a women who is VERY concerned and some things that i want to be around for so.... you guys who have experience whit these bastards, what do ya think?

OK, I've been biting my tongue but feel I need to step in. You aren't the only one to have been brought up in a tough environment to be a man's man and play the tough guy part. A lot of us here have been hammered down with injuries and health issues, but that doesn't mean we need to be pig headed about seeking help when we need it.

Lyme disease is nothing to fool with. Antibiotics typically are only helpful in the early stages. If Lyme disease gets established it's another ball game. My daughter is a licensed herbalist and forest therapy practitioner among other things. She got bit in Ireland on a retreat and didn't realize it at first. Long story short she was home before the bite was discovered and the symptoms started showing (target like rings around bite etc.). She tested positive and her Dr. said at that point antibiotics might drive the infection deeper (heart, brain, it has a strong ability to evade meds).

I'm not going to suggest her regimen to anyone else but many Dr's are not trained or equipped to treat Lyme properly. It's a very tricky disease with varied symptoms in each individual. You maybe lucky and all is well and I sincerely hope that is the case. Here is a good website to understand just how tricky Lyme can be to treat,

Chronic Lyme Disease Treatment Center | Patients Receive Last Chance at Lyme Disease Treatment

Get your medical advice from reputable sources like the above, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, a trusted Dr. etc. not a bunch of gearheads on an automotive forum, LOL

200.gif

-
Back