Del is getting a new girl and she is trying to kill the old guy

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I am beat to death. This snow is frickin' killin my ***. And I found a 74 Scamp which I went out and looked at late this afternoon, and am gonna buy the ol' thang. Then I went home and worked til 6:30PM trying to get the trailer dug out of the snow. Tomorrow, if it isn't blizzarding again, I'll load up some gear, see if I can free up the trailer ramps, and drag the poor thing home

74 Scamp, slant, factory AC, auto. Has the armrest bench seat whatever thats called. Jacked it up and looked underneath, from what I can see, the quarters and floors look good. The trunk and spare well has some rust holes, the spare well has some BIG holes. Vinyl top needs replaced, "I hope" it isn't bad / leaking down by the rear corners. No evidence inside the trunk. Interior/ paint is drivable as is

UNFORTUNATELY it has drum brakes and therefore SBP wheels. "That might change" LOL

00k0k_b8wLeOH9Vsk_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_ebeCLvR86lY_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_44vhKZP1Brm_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_cdjfAzEI9NP_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_9kjBfUdbYZb_1200x900.jpg

00909_97Na4FQTyCk_1200x900.jpg

Snow. This was "the other day." We got several more inches since then. I'm going to try and retrieve this car tomorrow or Sunday, BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!!!!

IMG_1730cs.JPG

IMG_1733cs.JPG

IMG_1735cs.JPG

IMG_1738cs.jpg

IMG_1740cs.JPG

IMG_1745cs.JPG

IMG_1749cs.JPG

IMG_1747cs.JPG

That's a lot of snow. Good luck on the Scamp. It looks pretty good. Those seats are cool.

Good luck, wish I could help you, but we’re getting that blizzard down here in Utah too.

Oh heck yea that is a beauty!! I want a scamp to park beside my dart so bad lol. Good luck hope you get her home

That is beautiful, I wish my scamp was that nice, and not the scamp of many colors

Orange quarter panel and deck lid, brown door, blue door on the other side, primer fenders off a duster, and coat of surface rust on the hood lol

20190203_135002.jpg

I'm very curious about that interior.

I bet there were not many with deluxe velour benches that weren't Valiant Broughams.

I am beat to death. This snow is frickin' killin my ***. And I found a 74 Scamp which I went out and looked at late this afternoon, and am gonna buy the ol' thang. Then I went home and worked til 6:30PM trying to get the trailer dug out of the snow. Tomorrow, if it isn't blizzarding again, I'll load up some gear, see if I can free up the trailer ramps, and drag the poor thing home

74 Scamp, slant, factory AC, auto. Has the armrest bench seat whatever thats called. Jacked it up and looked underneath, from what I can see, the quarters and floors look good. The trunk and spare well has some rust holes, the spare well has some BIG holes. Vinyl top needs replaced, "I hope" it isn't bad / leaking down by the rear corners. No evidence inside the trunk. Interior/ paint is drivable as is

UNFORTUNATELY it has drum brakes and therefore SBP wheels. "That might change" LOL

View attachment 1715290070

View attachment 1715290071

View attachment 1715290072

View attachment 1715290073

View attachment 1715290074

View attachment 1715290075
I love it ! That's the first car my older brother brought home(minus your awesome interior) that got me hooked on Mopars as a teenager. Brings back great memories for me seeing it. It's going to look even better sitting in YOUR driveway! Good luck with the snow!!

I had a good time putting my 74 Scamp together, sometimes I wish that I did not sell it so soon. Here are some before and after pictures. I was real happy with the way it turned out and so was the guy that bought it. I am sure that you will be happy with your's when you are done.
Bob

001.JPG

195.JPG

198.JPG

200.JPG

Did they keep the 4 inch bolt circle wheels that late? I thought they all got large bolt pattern in '73 but don't remember coming across any 4 wheel drum brake cars that new.

I think the drum brake cars stayed small bolt until 75. (74 being the last year) Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Did they keep the 4 inch bolt circle wheels that late? I thought they all got large bolt pattern in '73 but don't remember coming across any 4 wheel drum brake cars that new.

And then if you don’t pull it inside it will rain continually. Want to make it get cold and stay that way? Put it inside of an unheated structure... quickest way to make it get pretty outside is to immobilize it inside of a heated garage with barely enough room to breathe with a vehicle inside of it. It’s governed by the same principle of dropping something under hood and it going to the most inaccessible place under or within the vehicle...

What's the damage $ for a car in that nice condition?

Well the ol' thang is home. LOL the temp is right at the "slime" point (melting) and the street is so slick I can't get it backed into the yard. I'm resting/ lunch/ Gunsmoke rerun, and after 'while I'll go see about rigging some tire chains onto the rear of the Dakota

IMG_1812cs.JPG

IMG_1813cs.JPG

Thanks. I may drive it as is for awhile, that is, fix whatever it needs. Be a great platform for Megasquirt and an Eaton blower LOL

My 74 Scamp had disc brakes up front with drum in the rear, large bolt pattern. Another thing that I noticed is that your Scamp has top fender mount turn signals mine did not.

-
Back