Detroit Locker !

-

383man

Reaction score
I hurt my rear last year on the first pass my last time to the track. The car spun but still ran an 11.52 @ 116 but when I turned on the return road I heard it banging. I found a broken axle gear tooth when I took it apart and the posi unit was also shot. So I just installed a Detroit Locker and plan to go to the track on March 29th to try it out. Ron

200364755.jpg

what about a limited slip with air/electric locker?

Ron,did you inquire about the "trac-loc" thats whats in the rear of my duster,it releases when you take a turn then re-engages back to sure grip when your going straight,pretty neat..any chance of seeing you at e-town in May...Dave

Hey Dave how ya been ? I actually needed a carrier as I damaged mine so since I needed a complete carrier I just decided to go with the Locker as I hear good things about them. And I hope to find out soon. Ron

Ron,did you buy a complete 3rd member and from who..i'm having Mancini build me a center section with a "new" nodular case more meat in the vital places,with a spool,4.30's and billet yoke, hopefully this will put the duster in the 10's:cheers:

No Dave I just bought the Detroit Locker carrier. Then I took mine apart and set it up with the same 4.30's and the Detroit Locker. I should not have much trouble hooking good now ! Ron

-
Back