Diaphragm clutch in a 1972 Duster?

-

darndart

Reaction score
Is anyone running a diaphragm style clutch in their Duster? I read somewhere that you should unhook the over center spring on the clutch pedal to run one, does anyone know for sure?

Yes you need to remove the clutch pedal return spring
with a diaphragm pressure plate

I run a diaphragm type on my 340 Challenger and removed the over center spring. It makes it a pleasure to drive; even drove in a parade without leg fatigue.

I run a diaphragm type on my 340 Challenger and removed the over center spring. It makes it a pleasure to drive; even drove in a parade without leg fatigue.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

I run a Centerforce diaphragm clutch in my '74 Dart Sport 360 4 speed.
It works awesome, and I removed the over center spring as well, (it tells you that in the instructions).
Just so you know, removing the spring with the pedals in the car is a PITA.
Stacking coins, washers, etc. in the spring didn't work for me.
I ended up cutting it out with a small die grinder with a cut off wheel.
Also, it's much easier with the pedal set out and the front seat removed........

I run a Centerforce diaphragm clutch in my '74 Dart Sport 360 4 speed.
It works awesome, and I removed the over center spring as well, (it tells you that in the instructions).
Just so you know, removing the spring with the pedals in the car is a PITA.
Stacking coins, washers, etc. in the spring didn't work for me.
I ended up cutting it out with a small die grinder with a cut off wheel.
Also, it's much easier with the pedal set out and the front seat removed........

Good to know! Thanks!

Does anyone have an diagram showing the springs etc? A diaphragm clutch was installed before I got my car and the pedal dies not "return". I have a video if what I am talking about but it says it is too big to attach. :(

Does anyone have an diagram showing the springs etc? A diaphragm clutch was installed before I got my car and the pedal dies not "return". I have a video if what I am talking about but it says it is too big to attach. :(

Just found it in my Chilton manual. Good to go hopefully.

-
Back