Did every 1974 Gold Duster have a resonator?

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi All - It's Bob again, the guy researching the correct exhaust system for my 74 Gold Duster. I've learned that the optional Deluxe Sound Insulation Package always came automatically as part of the Gold Duster package in 1974. Since the exhaust resonator was a part of the sound insulation package, this meant that every Gold Duster in 1974 came from the factory with a resonator. Does this sound right? Has anyone ever seen a factory resonator on a Duster? I've attached a photo of page 11-2 of the 1974 factory shop manual that clearly shows the resonator as part of this exhaust system.
IMG_0887.jpg
I know that Accurate Ltd. will sell you a complete exhaust system with a resonator for a 225 Duster for $684.00. Seems kinda pricey. Whaddya think?

No, because not every Gold Duster was a slant six.

I had a ‘74 Duster w/A 318 single exhaust which came with a resonator.

What does the book show for dual exhaust? Just wondering.
Accurate Ltd. is pricey BUT they have the best stock resto exhaust period.

No, because not every Gold Duster was a slant six.
You got that right....."..One of the more interesting variations was the Gold Duster, which appeared midyear for 1970. Equipped with either a six-cylinder or 318 cubic inch V8 engine.."

According to the 1974 factory shop manual, the 198, 225 and 318 engines could be equipped with the "Quiet Package", which includes a resonator in the tailpipe. There was no Quiet Package available with the 360 engine. It came with a factory dual exhaust system without resonators.

-
Back