Did l screw up ?

-

oldmodlover

Reaction score
Just got this yesterday. Guy who had it bought a bunch of tools from another guy.
This was thrown in the deal because it was thought " nobody would want it".

20210530_114624.jpg

20210530_114606.jpg

OMG that dates back to what, 1962? Are those piston rings?!

Wow that is really cool! The 60s and 70s had the coolest toys lol

Do kids still build models?
I don't think so. Not many anyway. They are actually really hard to find now a days Noone around here even carrys them you have to get them online. When I was a teenager you could buy them at Walmart target big lots etc. We even had a hobby / rc toy shop in town that had tons of them even had accessories kits you could buy for like aftermarket rims and such. I haven't seen a store like that in close to 20 years.

I don't think so. Not many anyway. They are actually really hard to find now a days Noone around here even carrys them you have to get them online. When I was a teenager you could buy them at Walmart target big lots etc. We even had a hobby / rc toy shop in town that had tons of them even had accessories kits you could buy for like aftermarket rims and such. I haven't seen a store like that in close to 20 years.
Hobby Lobby is the only brick & mortar store that I know of the still sells plastic model kits.

Do kids still build models?

Yes they are.

The hobby saw a pretty significant resurgence over the last year with so many people stuck at home. Retailers have been reporting this since last June or so. A significant factor is Gundam/Sci-Fi and war gamers. Kids are eating this stuff up.

it was pretty difficult to find a duster model. I think I will build it over summer. I could only cut out all the rust holes.

*so yes and no. I will build a model if i have extra money lying around that has not yet been eaten by the real duster.

Swap meets and hobby lobby I'm 30 and i still buy and build model kits im definitely not Into.detail and going above and beyond but I love being reminded of my childhood and building them old school with my kids

Swap meets and hobby lobby I'm 30 and i still buy and build model kits im definitely not Into.detail and going above and beyond but I love being reminded of my childhood and building them old school with my kids

Focus in downtown Fond du Lac was still open and selling kits in Dec. '20. And there's a hobby shop on the west end of Madison in a strip mall-the name escapes me now but I found it in a google search. Beyond Hobby Town USA in Oshkosh I don't know if there are still any shops open in the valley. There was a great one in Green Bay many years ago but I only made it there a couple times before they closed and I never had enough money to get everything they had that I wanted.

Visible V8 and Visible rotary (Wankel) also available.

it was pretty difficult to find a duster model. I think I will build it over summer. I could only cut out all the rust holes.

*so yes and no. I will build a model if i have extra money lying around that has not yet been eaten by the real duster.

The reason the stock 1:25 MPC Plymouth Duster model is hard to find is because it morphed into a Dart Sport. MPC made a 1:25 plastic Plymouth Duster model until the 1975 model year. In 1976, the model was modified into a 1976 Dart Sport. The reason was because MPC came out with a 1976 Plymouth Volare model, so the 1975 Plymouth became a 1976 Dodge. Polar Lights sells a re-pop of the 1976 Dart Sport under the MPC brand.

-
Back