[SOLD] Die-Cast Aluminum Radiator Clutch-Fan Blade

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Contact seller
Q: Why did the German chicken cross the road?
A: To check and make sure the wastepaper basket over there was appropriately certified and type-approved in accord with all applicable DIN standards.*

And now for something completely different: For $36 plus the postage from Seattle, Washington, USA, here's a cast aluminum radiator fan blade. Or it might actually be the fossilized skeleton of a flying saucer.

MB_Fan_1.jpg

MB_Fan_2.jpg

If it's a fan and not a flying-saucer skeleton, original application is Mercedes W116-chassis cars (big 6- and 8-cylinder sedans of the '70s). 18-1/8" diameter, 11 blades unequally spaced around aerodynamically correct hub for minimum noise and maximum airflow. Takes an inexpensive and easily available thermostatic clutch, which bolts correctly right onto a Mopar \6 or V8 water pump hub/pulley. The clutch nests within the space of the fan blade itself rather than protruding a few inches forward of the blade as in US-style fans—so this clutch fan requires much less pump-to-radiator clearance than an American-type clutch fan; it was mentioned as far back as 1982 in the Slant-6 News as the hot (cool) ticket for fitting a clutch fan in a 6-cylinder A-body.

Fine precision German die-cast aluminum can be polished to a high shine (especially if you live in CO, WA, OR, or DC). How cool is that, especially if you have—oh, I don't know, say—a polished aluminum 225 engine or a hot rod of some kind, everything like such as!

I bought two of these years ago. One went very nicely on my '73 Dart, and I imagine it's still there now it's somebody else's '73 Dart. Evidently I'm a stupidheaded rube for posting this for-sale ad when I could just give it a quicky rattle-can silver paint job and then it would be worth $299.99 (or just $269.99 if you act now). Mine's more cost-effective not only because $36 instead of $300, but also because you won't have to strip any silver paint before polishing.

In conclusion, you should buy mine instead of that eBay guy's on account of I think he'll just spend your money getting high on glue. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.

*-My first time in Germany I was very amused that the wastepaper basket in my hotel room had a tag indicating compliance with the relevant DIN standards. No foolin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back