Difference between Manual and auto shift valve body

-

Woodie

Take-off EH!
Reaction score
I want remove the manual valve body and have the trans shift automatically. What needs to be done to achive this without replacing the valvebody for another one. .

Replace the manual valve body with an automatic one......the very thing you don't want to do.

Replace the manual valve body with an automatic one......the very thing you don't want to do.

^^^ This ^^^

AND, if you do, make sure you have the throttle pressure linkage installed and adjusted properly. Most MVB's don't need the pressure linkage, so yours may not be there.

Don't forget to post your MVB for sale here.....I'm sure it will be snapped up quickly and you may be able to pay for the new one with the proceeds.

Should also mention;
Back in the 80s, TransGo made a kit, that was either/or.It had a plate on the valve body that could be flipped. One way it was manual shift only. The other way was normal but still had all the shift quality the rest of the kit was engineered for.
It was kinda neat, cause when I got sickNtired of the manual shift, the option was just a flip away.Of course it never went back again.
Dont know if they still make it.

-
Back