Difference in Victor and Super Victor Intake

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
I see that both intakes are rated the same rpm. But I am wondering what the big difference between them. If one was starting from scratch for a drag race only small block not stroker what would be the prefered intake.

Is one taller than the other?
Does one have more plenum than the other?
Does one have more meat to port out than the other?
Any extra features that one has that the other doesn't?

Indy single plane, that is what I have and it has been working pretty good.
Pump gas ,394 ci.,10.9-1 comp. and 255/266@ .050 cam. 6.34@ 109 ,1.34 60 ft. 2950lbs,drag radials and mufflers.

Attachments

• 2013-07-02 20.12.28 (Small).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 478
the super victor is alot taller...and suppose to have alot more meat for porting.....plenum size...dont know..

I got a Super victor on a 408 that is still on engine stand...If it was not so hot outside I would go over and take a few pictures of them side by side...maybe after the sun goes down.

Thanks Tony you dont have to take pics. I have seen the physical dif. Just wondered if anyone new a specific difference in perforemance. Thanks

from what i read...and a few of the dyno results...the super victor needs a big motor under it to make more HP and TQ then the victor..

I think one of the motor Brian at IMM did for Car Craft had a SV on it....

http://www.immengines.com/ink.html

Brian has links to the CC articles...

I'm running a super victor on my 414" and it has a LOT of meat in it. Very accepting of port work. The only thing I did to mine was gasket match, and add some coolant return lines from the back water passages to the t-stat housing. Seems to be working

I've got a Super Victor on my race motor. 10:1, 365", CNC IndyBrock heads, 249* @.050 .712 roller. Super Vic made 587 peak HP with a 2" wilson taper spacer, RPM AirGap with 1" open spacer made 541 HP. Don't really think I'm even tapping the potential of this intake. IMO its better off on big inch strokers capable of 600+ HP. Port exits are cast small for port matching, not a use out of the box deal.

I figured the SV was for best use under a serious stroker. Just where this takes place over a regular Victor is a good question.
Now the SV is a standard bolt hole intake? Not a W series spacing right....
What heads are out there capable of making excellent use of this? The Indy head? Not Indy/Brock head.

Tony, what head are you making use of with the SV?
Skrews, what are your Indybrocks flowing?

the SV is sitting on a set of Shadydell Eddy heads...not bolted on...the SV is a standard LA bolt pattern..although i have read were they have been converted to fit a w2 head...

the SV is sitting on a set of Shadydell Eddy heads...not bolted on...the SV is a standard LA bolt pattern..although i have read were they have been converted to fit a w2 head...

REALLY! Enough meat to make the port huh? Nice to know.

REALLY! Enough meat to make the port huh? Nice to know.

Not sure if additional welding was not required....Just read in a couple of post somewhere on the world wild web that I believe Ryan had modified the SV to fit.

I figured the SV was for best use under a serious stroker. Just where this takes place over a regular Victor is a good question.
Now the SV is a standard bolt hole intake? Not a W series spacing right....
What heads are out there capable of making excellent use of this? The Indy head? Not Indy/Brock head.

Tony, what head are you making use of with the SV?
Skrews, what are your Indybrocks flowing?
My IndyBrocks were CNC ported by Indy. Flowed 288 peak OOTB with poor mid lift numbers. I redid the valve job and replaced the valves. These mods picked up the mid lift numbers as much as 30 or so cfm, and peaked at 292. The bench used is a little stingy though.
IMO the only heads that will truly utilize the potential of the Super Vic are IndyBrocks or the 220 AirWolf heads. These have the kind of cross section to match well with this intake. I'm planning on building a 14:1 compression 4" stroke 4.08" bore 418 cube stroker motor with my IndyBrocks and my Super Vic. Planning on a 4/7 swap cam in the .700 lift range with around 270* duration @.050. Should make 650+HP.

The Super Victor and Indy we had for our W5.

Sold the Indy intake with our last W5 top end... still have the SV collecting dust.

-
Back