differences in 68 and 69 Cuda doors

-

ptptCuda

Reaction score
I know there have been past threads about this, but I need to see pictures that clearly show the differences (if any) at the end of a 68 vs. an 69 Barracuda door-drivers side please (not the hinge side).

Reason, I feel when I got my car it had 68 doors put on a 69 body with 69 window mechanisms and this is leading to me having issues with rolling up the window (feels like it is missing some internal stabilization) and with aligning the door window to the quarter window.

Another question: Are the door widow mechanisms the same for the driver side 68 and 69 barracuda or did they change with the year?

Any help on either/both of the above will be greatly appreciated.

Hmm, the only difference I was aware of between 68 and 69 was the relocation of the door lock plunger from the back edge to about a third of the way forward. But obviously, this would require changes in the internal lock components (not the lock itself or the latch, but the connecting parts). So it is possible that there was some sort of bracket or brace belonging to the 69 mechanism that wouldn't fit in the 68 door so it was left out. Does the 69 FSM show any of this clearly?

I think one difference is door lock location

Thanks to all you guys. My glass does fit well in the window track/mechanism and I know the glass was a 69', so 69' for both, and I know that I have a 68 door. Thanks for the exploded view of the 69' door mechanism.

I still have 2 bolt holes in my 68 door that go to nothing, and I'm wondering if the end of the 69' door simply never had these due to changes in the window guide/mechanism. I still would like to get a good picture of the end of a drivers side 69' barracuda door to see if this really is the case.

Thanks again to all for the help on this.

Doesn't the 68 door have a large vent on the bottom verticle section and the 69 doesn't?

Here is the question I have (I hope the pictures show), what should be filling in the open holes I have on the near bottom of my driver's side barracuda door 68'? Again, I'm near fully sure that have the 69' tracks and windows in this 68' door, am I missing some sort of track stabilizer?? What goes in those holes??

Again any help and a picture will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0050 (1).JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

-
Back