dipstick

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
can't seem to get the dipstick in the hole on my 318. any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

and yes, i tried dinner and flowers...

OK, now that my side is killing me! LOL. Dipstick in the tube? or dipstick tube in the block?

Chuck

Clean the end of the tube with steel wool, spray WD-40 on the end and in the hole, push the tube in as far as it will go, then put a piece of 2x4 on top of it, and gently hit the 2x4 with a hammer. That should do it.

Got it in, without the "is it in yet"? Turns out that the new chrome one was a little oversized, pulled one out of the 273 and it fits good in the 318.

Guess experience goes along way.

high five.....it's nice....was tight like anos.....borat

LMAO.

can't seem to get the dipstick in the hole on my 318. any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

and yes, i tried dinner and flowers...

Put the tube in the freezer, go quickly from freezer to block. That`ll usually do it. I like how how you headed off all the smart-*** replies that you knew were coming with that question.

Put the tube in the freezer, go quickly from freezer to block. That`ll usually do it. I like how how you headed off all the smart-*** replies that you knew were coming with that question.

Smart-*** replies!!!

I tried the freezer thing before, but now she doesn't want to play anymore :toothy10:

didn't mean to head them off as much as provoke them

-
Back