Disc Brake ID help

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Plymouth Duster with later modle disc brakes but I can not ID the calibers.... any help? Numbers on the raised pad in the first pic are 5031A and they are stamped.
Number in the second pic are.... top line 777 second line next to mothers stamp is 95020A third line 137 the rotors are big bolt pattern

Thank you....HemiMark......Anyone headed to the nats???

disc3.jpg

disc4.jpg

disc1.jpg

disc2.jpg

disc5.jpg

The calipers are from a 73/74 E-body due to the banjo type hose as apposed to the screw in hose found on other years before,mrmopartech

Hi, Look the same as my '73 Dart Calipers. The '73 is a factory disc brake car and is the large bolt pattern disc brakes. The brake hose you have looks the same as well. Has a notched in flat spot where the hose mounts and the banjo type fitting. Just swapped them onto my '71 and got new calipers, pads and hoses for the swap. All orders under the '73 Dart disc brake year model and came in identical. Same caliper, pads and hose.

I've got the old calipers off. I'll snap a few pictures for you and post them.

Cheers

Okay, have a few shots for you. Keep in mind that the slider hardware and caliper mount have been removed so I could mount the new calipers on the car. They looked the same sort of thing that you have on yours. A 1/2 inch socket fits the bolt that holds the slider hardware on.
What you are looking at is the caliper itself. Looks like I chose the opposite side from your picture, but you get the idea. Hose was just the same on the '73 as what you are picturing. The hoses are not pictured though as still on the car. Had the same wedge type shape and pipe piece off. I unbolted at the hose end on the caliper to remove. I took a snap of the inside pad for you to compare shape, I've got a picture of the mounting pad for the hose as well. Only issue is that the stamp into my caliper is something like 4222A. Anyway, hope they help. Can't see your pics while posting this, but the hose mount to the hard line on the frame and the caliper are both on the same side. I've seen pictures of other peoples disc brakes and the caliper is on the other side and the hose runs behind the whole assembly to get to it. Not sure if this is due to their swapping brakes on though. Hope that helps a bit. You may have to get into measuring to tell for sure what will fit.
Cheers

DSCF0574.JPG

DSCF0575.JPG

DSCF0576.JPG

DSCF0577.JPG

DSCF0578.JPG

thank you guys...... I will measure the distance between the caliper bolts and post next week.... I'm not off work again until wed.....

-
Back