Disc Brake Spindle Question

-

mopardude62

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this is a B body question, but here goes. I have been given a set of front disc brakes off of a 1970 'Cuda. I want to convert my 1967 Satellite from drum to disc.

The 70 'Cuda front discs use the two-piece rotor design and I want to use the later ('73 and up) unicast rotor. Does anyone know for sure whether or not I can use the later unicast rotors on these spindles. Or am I stuck using the hub/rotor setup?

Nevermind...... I think I answered my own question. The early hub/rotor uses a spindle that has a smaller inner bearing surface. In order to use the unicast rotor you have to have the 73 and later spindle.

Nevermind...... I think I answered my own question. The early hub/rotor uses a spindle that has a smaller inner bearing surface. In order to use the unicast rotor you have to have the 73 and later spindle.

Yep.
You answered your own question.

DoctorDiff sells a bearing sleeve that allows you to run the larger 73+ bearing and convert to the 73+ rotor while still using the early spindles.
'70 - '72 Mopar B/E-Body Disc Brake Spindle Sleaves

I’m not sure if it’s still a available, it’s been some years since I looked into it, but there was a reproduction rotor available for that application that was one piece. It was more expensive than the 73+ rotors, but not nearly as expensive as actual 2 piece rotor reproductions.

DoctorDiff sells a bearing sleeve that allows you to run the larger 73+ bearing and convert to the 73+ rotor while still using the early spindles.
'70 - '72 Mopar B/E-Body Disc Brake Spindle Sleaves

I’m not sure if it’s still a available, it’s been some years since I looked into it, but there was a reproduction rotor available for that application that was one piece. It was more expensive than the 73+ rotors, but not nearly as expensive as actual 2 piece rotor reproductions.

Yes, there is a one piece rotor available for the 70-72 B & E body applications.
I at one time purchased a pair, for a disc brake set up that i rebuilt, and sold.
Bought them off a Amazon vendor, seller, or ebay.
I was a happy camper, with them. No issues.

-
Back