Disc brakes

-

eddieH

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just bought a 70 Plymouth duster
It has disc brakes but is a small bolt pattern. It has a 73 k member in the car now.
Question?
Can I use 73 disc brakes from a 73 challenger I want the big bolt pattern
Has anyone done this or have any tips
First build! Of an A Bidy

CA2571BF-D7AC-4C97-9A7C-DFA6D1240F5C.jpeg

A0E20C01-D77A-431E-BCE3-A7F80C09FBC6.jpeg

Good question!
Also I wonder can we use the upper control arms from B/E body on our A’s for the bb pattern larger b joints?!
The K frame should be ok for any A body lower control arms, just the steering link and some related parts differ. Pitman maybe and idler arm.
Nice Duster!:popcorn:

Thank you
Going to be a fun car.
My superbee is 20 feet long and 3600 plus pounds
This will be a sports car lol

Good question!
Also I wonder can we use the upper control arms from B/E body on our A’s for the bb pattern larger b joints?!
Nope! To get the LBJ on an A, there’s either the 73-76 LBJ UCAs or an adapter. I personally would use the73-76 LBJ UCAs whuch is what I did in my 55 Dart

Haha, Yes thats why I got into A’s. Lighter!
I think you should be ok for steering if you already have the 73 and up K frame. Didnt mean to confuse or complicate.
Someone will confirm here for us.

Hello everyone.

Just bought a 70 Plymouth duster
It has disc brakes but is a small bolt pattern. It has a 73 k member in the car now.
Question?
Can I use 73 disc brakes from a 73 challenger I want the big bolt pattern
Has anyone done this or have any tips
First build! Of an A Bidy

View attachment 1716068482

View attachment 1716068483
You can use the '73 Challenger brakes and spindles, no problem. You will need 73+ A-body UCA's or tapered ball joint sleeves from DoctorDiff.

Good question!
The K frame should be ok for any A body lower control arms, just the steering link and some related parts differ. Pitman maybe and idler arm.
Nice Duster!:popcorn:
Nope, you can't use the B/E body UCA's. As above, you need 73+ A-body UCA's with the larger upper ball joint, or tapered sleeves.

The steering components have to matched to each other, not the K frame (except '67). Basically it all works off the center link- if you have a 68-72 steering link, you need 68-72 pitman and idler arms. If you have a 73-76 steering link, you need 73-76 pitman and idler arms. And the pitman also has to be matched to the steering box if it's power steering. 67-72 had a small sector, 73+ power steering used a large sector. But at this point if the box has been replaced you could have either.

-
Back