Distributor machine repair

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here is a thread about getting my Allen 22-250 Syncrograph distributor machine. Here are some picture of the guts, for which I have no schematic.

LM2907-tachometer-circuit.jpg

Somebody posted this on FABO

Somebody else posted this:

_mg_6188cs-jpg.jpg

Don't know if it helps???

I can get the strobe to work, but only with points. If you look at the top picture, in the top left corner of the picture you can see a rectangular aluminum piece in the frame of the machine.

They call that the test card, and there are 5 of them. Each card is for a specific type of ignition, and if you flip from side 1 to side 2 it changes the direction of rotation as well, from clockwise to counter clockwise.

And therein, I believe is the issues. When I put the electronic ignition test card in, the distributor will rotate, but the strobe doesn't work. Flipping the card will change the direction of rotation. So something is jinky with the test cards. I just can't figure it out.

That's why I've found a guy who can fix it (I think) but I won't be able to actually talk to him and get the machine to him for probably 10-14 days.

And yep, I'm bummed about that.

I see what you're talking about. Many of those older electronic machines typically had a schematic glued to one of the inner panels. But I'm sure you've already looked in all the internal spaces??

I'm hoping to add this as a legitimate question. Is this for curving stock distributors? On something like my MSD distributor where it clearly says to put this or that spring to get a certain curve would this be able to test that that is actually happening?..

I doubt schematics were ever released by Allen. Lot's of commercial test equipment of this nature is proprietary, and "they" keep it "tight."

I'm hoping to add this as a legitimate question. Is this for curving stock distributors? On something like my MSD distributor where it clearly says to put this or that spring to get a certain curve would this be able to test that that is actually happening?..

It will do any distributor, even a magneto, plus complete ignition systems.

-
Back