Distributor recommendations

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
hello I have a 1965 Dart 273 4 barrel car. I'm currently running a revNator box and a vacuum advance cheap distributor looking to upgrade. What would you guys recommend for distributor? I have no experience with the mechanical advance but wouldn't mind learning. Thanks Dustin

I recommend efi. Tuning that will teach you more than fiddling with springs in a distributor.

hello I have a 1965 Dart 273 4 barrel car. I'm currently running a revNator box and a vacuum advance cheap distributor looking to upgrade. What would you guys recommend for distributor? I have no experience with the mechanical advance but wouldn't mind learning. Thanks Dustin
Dustin, It is hard to beat the standard 5 pin ecu electronic that mopar performance sells. If you want to trek in the salvage to save money, find a 73 and up truck or car that has a small block and grab the ecu and distributor. Wiring harness is available from Mp or various other sources. ballast resistor are cheap at oreillys, advance auto parts etc. lots of chances to look at wiring schematics etc. Get it going first then once your comfortable, do the research on retiming the spark advance. It is simple but has some issues to watch for. Set the timing at 5 to 10 degrees and go...

-
Back