Dizzy Shaft slop?

-

Travis G.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I had bought a Rev 7500 electronic ignition (whole distributor unit and ecu) for my 225 slant 6 about a month ago but shelfed it for a while. When I was looking at it, it seems to have some side to side shaft wobble. Now this is on the bench and not in the car, but when I grab the rotor I can move the shaft so that the magnetic pick ups touch. The travel seems to be about .009" using my feeler gauge. I don't know, what do you guys think? To me that seems like too much travel, but this is my first electronic ignition system and there might be something I don't know.

That ain't worth snot. Something's wrong. It should have zero lateral movement.

Read your shop manual. You can download them free from MyMopar. I wish you guys would stop calling this stuff "dizzies" and "carbies." "Tranny" is bad enough. What's next, the rearie and the frontie?

And yes 9 thou is WAY too much. Hell that's a huge percentage of the points gap if it had them.

U shouldn’t have any play with it in your hand as u can’t hold it stiff enough. Make sure u check the next 1 in your car. If u can wiggle it then, it’s junk also. Kim

Dizzy shaft slip, that’s either a great garage band name or a description of me losing my virginity

-
Back