DNA

Who besides me think giving your DNA freely to a company is a bad idea

• No problem that I can see

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • They should need a court order to get DNA to go in a data base..

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh this thread could get sticky and end up in the N&P section soon. If every persons DNA was logged into a database it could save Billions in crime investigations. One plus.
2016.06.28_can-of-worms-by-jason-crislip-jpeg1.jpg

Link not working..
you must not be signed up for the News and Politics section of the forum

this was my first post, but there are plenty of replies (i dont feel like quoting)
am i the only one who is annoyed by this?
(and not just because this is a scam to harvest personal info)

it seems to me the sole purpose of this company is to spread discord amongst our people

you got all these people that go "i used to be german, now im irish"
hows about you're an American and leave it at that?

the one that really bugs me, is the chunker black lady..."i dont know where i came from"
well, i got to keep myself from yelling at the TV that she obviously done came from the wafflehouse and from the looks of her, shes had the all-you-can-eat flapjacks and won

and then she puts on a hat and start crying that shes a nigerian...while im on the couch doing my best Ron Black "take off the hat!!!" impression

i mean, come on, i am sick and tired of hyphenated Americans, buncha discord sowing pansies
that nonsense wouldnt have flown 2 centuries ago

good luck finding a second generation European whose parents moved to the US (by boat, through Ellis Island and LEGALLY) who A) doesnt speak English, and B) can speak the language his parent spoke back in Europe

and...it turns out im not the only one who thinks this is stupid, as some of these commercials imply

you must not be signed up for the News and Politics section of the forum

this was my first post, but there are plenty of replies (i dont feel like quoting)
Thanks, My daughter just told me sent her DNA to 23and me. It got me thinking..

I won't say it could not be 'a problem', but also not too worried about it. If someone wants your DNA, unless you are extremely careful they can get it. I did not look at the details on that site. i.e. is there a privacy statement as to their right to share info or not?

how long until these DNA collecting companies start selling this information to insurance companies who are trying to bump their rates on those who have "bad DNA"

how long until these DNA collecting companies start selling this information to insurance companies who are trying to bump their rates on those who have "bad DNA"
DNA seems to be a valuable commodity...

Like mentioned, they can get it if they really want it.
The one story that cracked me up was the white supremists that had their DNA studied and they found out just how much African ancestry they had.
That was just plain old poetic justice for people who's self righteous race BS was shot down.

It makes me wonder how many of them lied to their buddies about the results, told the truth, or even committed suicide over it.:D

Hey, I admitted being slightly twisted all along.

Last edited:
That could happen if not protected. But then it's probably not long till they make it a public record.
I mean like how could they use it to discriminate against someone when we are all treated as equals? Right? :rofl:

The database could be used to find organ donor matches. Another plus. I'm trying to think of positives instead of the "invasion of privacy" angle. LOL

Should be done at birth. As mentioned, for organ donors,for solving crime. There are many good things that could come from it. The ancestry thing,i could do without it.

That could happen if not protected. But then it's probably not long till they make it a public record.
I mean like how could they use it to discriminate against someone when we are all treated as equals? Right? :rofl:

in a way, it makes sense, back when i lived in the Netherlands, there were certain "risk factors" you were supposed to disclose, like playing contact sports, or riding motorcycles, that bumped up you insurance rate

why would this be any different?

if they can "proof" you are prone to cancer, they can make the case that there are more and higher medical bills in your future, which would justify them charging you more

Should be done at birth. As mentioned, for organ donors,for solving crime. There are many good things that could come from it. The ancestry thing,i could do without it.
I think this might be a guise , to build there data base.

To get my DNA, will need a court order. IMO way too many unsolved crimes out there looking for a patsy.

To get my DNA, will need a court order. IMO way too many unsolved crimes out there looking for a patsy.
For all you know, it could already be in a database. To think there is not one in the works is just denial. Just a matter of time...
latest?cb=20110709060701.jpg

in a way, it makes sense, back when i lived in the Netherlands, there were certain "risk factors" you were supposed to disclose, like playing contact sports, or riding motorcycles, that bumped up you insurance rate

why would this be any different?

if they can "proof" you are prone to cancer, they can make the case that there are more and higher medical bills in your future, which would justify them charging you more
And then we just 'weed' out the people with less-than-perfect genes and we can have a Master Race!

I think it's been looked at before.. but they didn't have the DNA then..

And then we just 'weed' out the people with less-than-perfect genes and we can have a Master Race!

I think it's been looked at before.. but they didn't have the DNA then..

all we need to do is remove the warning labels from thing like tide pods
this gene pool is getting a little cloudy

I can already let you know if you have not already signed up for that stupid part of the Forum. The one where you sign up saying you have thick skin and nobody does LOL I just ended up losing friends that said they liked my car threads! Then again sometimes you get to find out how wacko people are that you normally talk to about cars.

Being in the service, it is automatic, “they” have your DNA on record. It is so with other civilian services as well. We were told if we were in an accident, such as an airplane crash, our remains would be correctly place where it should be. I would like my head to be buried with the rest of me.

This pretty much the story with cell phones when it first entered the market, most hesitated with the idea of being “tracked”, silly rabbit. No problem that I see.......

-
Back