Do AMC 727 guts work in my A-Body 727?

-

Bodyperson

Pedal to the metal
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I can get one for 50 bucks. Unknown condition. Mine has been messed with a lot and has had a lot of trash run through it. Trans guy says it will never be right. I'm wondering if I take a chance that I can make a good trans by swapping the guts and rebuilding.

I can get one for 50 bucks. Unknown condition. Mine has been messed with a lot and has had a lot of trash run through it. Trans guy says it will never be right. I'm wondering if I take a chance that I can make a good trans by swapping the guts and rebuilding.
Yes

Not sure the tailshaft would be same splines/ length...................

Not sure I agree with your trans guy, though. The torque converter? Yeah. Should be able to clean/ flush everything else and if all else ?? replace the valve body

Last edited:
Not sure the tailshaft would be same splines/ length...................
I suppose that part should still be usable out of mine. I really dont know much about transmissions. When I bought mine it came with the wrong torque converter and tore up the pump and trans guy said it might not last long. That was a long time ago and not sure why he would say that instead of fixing the thing correctly but it still works but not very well. Could be a host of problems I need to address. I think I will just put that money towards a 904 I have.

-
Back