Do i have a big problem???

-

LowDart

BR-Dodge
Reaction score
IDo i have a big problem???I was changing the WATER PUMP with a litle help of a ''friend'',and he tight the bolt till BREAK the Aluminium part that hold the water pump.But the thing is that the bold i'm reffering to ,is the one that stay in the top of aluminium part(Don't know the name)and it seems that it only there to hold better the W.P.It's not leaking and doesn't seem to be getting bigger. and take it out its something i realy didn't wanted to do,so...
The engine its working fine till now ,but im afraid that this can be a problem someday.OR NOT????
I'll post some pictures soon. :angry4:

The aluminum part is the timing cover. That is the least critical bolt, but it will probably leak there at some time int he future. If the bolt is broken at the timing cover surface it will probably be hard to remove, but if you have enough shank in the hole in the water pump you shouldn't have a hard time removing the bolt with the water pump off. I'd probably try to live with it for a while, though.

The bolt it's not broken,The timing cover that broke(Red mark) and the bolt still there 'i didn't removed.

5249930_w-timing coveru$133,002.jpg

I've got to buy a new timing cover,so if someone have one to sell please help me.(ship to Brasil).I looked at the Summit Racing -Online store and they got it for u$133,00 but the tax are higher if it comes straight from the store,i think!

5249930_w-timing coveru$133,00.jpg

in the past i had this bolt strip out once, i just stuck a 1/4 inch nut an bolt in to replace it, never had a problem. if you cant get out the broken bolt dril it and throw in a nut and bolt.

The bolt can be removed with no problem ,the thing that scare's me a bit is the timing cover ,that's the part broken and if i change the bolt now i would break the hole that support the bolt!
take a Look on the picture.I'll post pictures of that timing cover i'm talking about."soon".
Thanks

Do you mean the tab is broken or the threads in the hole. If it's the threads in the bolt hole, you can use a nut and bolt to hold it together.
If it's the tab, you can ethier get a new cover or try and weld the tab. A TIG welder is needed for the aluminum.

That's it Rumblefish,it's the tab that broke, and take the timing cover out to weld is something i don't want to do now .Do you think i can drive for one month (short distance) every day with that car without have problems ?I'm trying to find another timing cover.

just goo the piss out of it with some blue rtv and run it shoulnt have a problem. i did the same thing on my powerwagon and i just used rhe rtv and it never leaked

Like I said before I would run it for a while and see what happens. You'll have plenty of warning and it should not leak really bad anyway, if it does at all.

ebay item number. buy it now for $19.99 plus $8.50 s/h. good luck

LowDart said:
That's it Rumblefish,it's the tab that broke, and take the timing cover out to weld is something i don't want to do now .Do you think i can drive for one month (short distance) every day with that car without have problems ?I'm trying to find another timing cover.
Yes I do. Just lay a thick beed of sealent around the outside of the cover after you tighten it down.

Replace as soon as possible. No sense pushing the limits to found broken down on the road.

Sorry I thought I had an idea....until I re-read and found out it wasn't your pump tab that was broken..Sorry

-
Back