Do I have these installed wrong???

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the motor mounts to the rear of the mounting pads on my 360LA block.
I lack 1/2 inch to be able to get my radiator, shroud, and fan installed.
That looks abt the thickness of mounting pads.
At rear of motor, I can get my hand in and touch transmission body.
motor mount 1.JPG
motor mount 2.JPG

You have them installed correctly.
I was pretty sure that was correct.
As far as fan, I'm installing Griffin rad and shroud and electric spal fan.
I'm probably going to have to get the slimline waterpump offered for LA's.
Then finding proper pulley is going to be fun!
WTH, I have nothing better to do! LOL

I still have the factory radiator and shroud. Try posting a help wanted thread specifying your setup. Maybe someone has already wrestled with the change and can help.

Mike...could you swap your electric fan for a pusher instead of a puller? If you aren't installing AC, that might work. If you get the early style water pump, the bottom radiator hose will be on the drivers side. Plus, your present timing marks on the timing cover will be hidden by the water pump inlet. I'd be tempted to ditch the electric fan and run a good clutch fan.

Mike...could you swap your electric fan for a pusher instead of a puller? If you aren't installing AC, that might work. If you get the early style water pump, the bottom radiator hose will be on the drivers side. Plus, your present timing marks on the timing cover will be hidden by the water pump inlet. I'd be tempted to ditch the electric fan and run a good clutch fan.
Food for thought!
I'm open to all alternatives.

Just so you know;
I am running a rad/shroud/and 7-blade-fan from a 1973Dart 318 with A/C. The rad has patches on it's patches.
By it's trapspeed, 93 in the Eighth, that computes to over 400hp.
The thermostatic clutch is off an early 2000s Ford pick-up; it works fabulously.
Am still running 50% antifreeze, a 195* Hi-flo-stat, and a Milodon Hi-Flow pump with the HD shaft and anti-cavitation plate. She runs at 207*F, under all conditions, and is stone-axe reliable.
Not trying to start anything......

-
Back