Do slant six swaps make you feel guilty?

-
Lets face it, the slant sux was good for its time. It was the el cheapo, gets good mileage base engine that chrysler had to put in a car or truck because, well nobody buys new cars without engines. Lots of old people and cheap people bought darts and valiants because they were inexpensive basic transportation and the thrifty 6 fit the bill for them. I look at it this way, it worked well for its original intended purpose, but wont work for a hot rod. The amount of cash you can sink into a slant sux, you can have a hell of a V8 for the same amount of cash. Thats unless you just gotta have a hot rodded slant.

Last edited:
When i got my 67 barracuda notch i didnt think twice. Must have been a travelling salesmans car, or something oddly optioned for the lot that took awhile to sell. It was a 225 slant, 3 on the tree, bench seat coupe. It had manual everything, no A/C. It was also a vinyl floor mat car. It had 3 interesting options. It had the resettable trip odometer, a vacuum gage, and Vspeed wipers. Odd and probably rare?? Yes. However still hardly worth restoring the six/3 on the tree combo. Why have something that sounds like a pack of angry bees, when you can have the gutteral roar of an uncorked V8

I must be a weirdo,(I've been called worse). Still love me a Slant !!
Thinking about doing a 63 Belvedere Slant while I have a complete Stroked 500 inch RB sitting on the stand... I was told I was dropped on my head as a kid.......... ??

I must be a weirdo,(I've been called worse). Still love me a Slant !!
Thinking about doing a 63 Belvedere Slant while I have a complete Stroked 500 inch RB sitting on the stand... I was told I was dropped on my head as a kid.......... ??
Were you?

[QUOTE="abodyjoe, post: 1971526841,

jamies 70 dart is an original paint car with a little over 100k on it. pretty much all original and damn near spotless. the six ran and drove great. could drive it anywhere and get 18 or so mpg.. man was that a boring *** car to drive.. no passing power no merging power just boring as hell.. :)[/QUOTE]

If Jamie is the one in your avatar.....then yeah.....I'd do anything she asked.

I have 2 small block A bodies. The Slant in my 64 is staying for now just for something different.

Cracks me up how so many here trash the /.
THIS IS THE SLANT FORUM!!!!!!!

I never notice what forum things are in. They pop up in my "new posts". Guess I should look once in a while. Yea that's probably not gonna happen. Lol

Soooo......... You might wanna watch Will Burns '68 cuda make a pass & get back to us on that...................

I have noticed, over the years, at Mopar shows, the only cars that have a crowd around them are slànt or hemi powered.

So only the cool kids drive slant’s and hemi's, the rest are just "whatever".

I have noticed, over the years, at Mopar shows, the only cars that have a crowd around them are slànt or hemi powered.

So only the cool kids drive slant’s and hemi's, the rest are just "whatever".

bs_flag.gif

Lol!! Sorry, Will's ride is a '67 here...............

I hear rev limiter, I hear a wastegate bouncing, no farting,..........and no farting around....... whats You're best time?:D:D:D:D

no. i drive my duster way more and farther with bb than i ever did with the slant.

I have a slant, small block A-body, and big-block C-body, and each will stay with its engine, albeit w/ upgrades. I don't mind what others do, and I might do similar if I had time (i.e. retired). But, I would strive for something more dramatic, like GM LS engine (been done) or a newish V-6.

Does it bother me to pull that slanted engine out of my 70 challenger. Every time I've had to pull one to replace it w/ another, nope not at all. 3 engines already in 562k miles, this last engine I replaced at 125k only because I bought the engine from the dealership I bought the car from. They found a 77 long block for me, had never been put on the road before me.found in a warehouse in mid-west. Does it bother me to put another slant in my challenger, naw, not when it's...........wait did I say bought it, naw, it was free.

-
Back