Do you actually Hot Rod/Race your Mopar?

Honestly, do I hot rod or race my car ??? (flooring it 3 years ago doesn't count)

• Yep, I race! At the track or out back !!

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Once in a great while I go to the track or a back road

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • I don't race or hot rod my car. Cruises and car shows, that's it.

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems we tell the upgrade story to every builder. 318 < 360/340 < 408 < and so on. What I find ironic is it seems just a few of us actually take our cars to the strip, or horse around out of town, or show interest in racing in general.
  • Question: Is your "performance upgraded" V8 actually asked to use the upgraded performance? Or would that stock V8 being truthful be plenty for your driving habit?
20191026_135208-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

I don’t go to the track, but I like to 0-60 on on-ramps, burnouts and donuts in empty parking lots.

I won’t do sanctioned street racing, but I will spontaneously gun it against another car/truck/motorcycle on the highway if it’s obvious that they are game.

My favorite is an open stretch of flat highway, no other cars, and no highway patrol. Just try to have fun whenever there is a low chance of anyone getting hurt or a ticket.

Definitely… and Draggy is a great tool to track your results. I have a few spots that are pretty much ghost towns on the weekends. Love going out and hammering away.

EB8520F1-7D6D-4C58-B770-274E3F31E33D.jpeg

DSC02345.JPG

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I was in the final four in the stick shift class at the Mopar Nationals....

It’s been many years since I’ve had either of these at the track….
I like a stock engine and it would be just fine for me…

C3B50B4E-C68F-4567-A0F3-F1B0B20F7B2C.jpeg

I've been known to run, and Raise Hell, at the drop of a hat, flag, hand, anything but a dime! I don't belive in dropping the dime....

I'll admit, I'll race anything at the dragway. Vans, Pickups, and Cars (and I've raced multiples of each). I wanted to race my snowmobile at the track as well, but I sold it. If I go to the dragway to just "spectate", I usually will enter trophy and run whatever we drove down there... the family wagon is fine!

I love taking my pile out to the track. I can't wait until my 66 is done. Hopefully my local track hasn't closed down by then.

Last edited:
I love my Mopar (s).... I really, really love the seat of the pants feel I get while they pull my fat *** down the quarter mile track.
I care not whether someone defeats me in this endeavor......
I truly believe this is what they were created for.
Thx for asking. :steering:

I do. When I feel like I need attitude adjustment, I take it out and beat on it. 0 to 100, smokey burnouts, lots of full throttle starts to hear the tires bark when it shifts into second. Like I was five hours ago. And on Tuesday. Pretty much once or twice a week May through October. Longer if the salt is washed off the roads.

No racing for Vixen. No car shows either. We do the occasional cruise in and drive her as an everyday vehicle. We just have fun.

Let's see....
Raced my real A12 car at riverside, and LACR.
Raced my 440 62 savoy at rialto, banning, fontana,Pomona, LACR, Irwindale, carlsbad.
Raced my buddies 440 Duster, at riverside, Pomona, LACR.
Raced another buddies 67 440 Gtx at fontana and Irwindale.
I guess I race my mopars......

I would and I want to. Thing is, if we broke her, we'd be down a vehicle and right now, that's too important. The Escape is knockin on 200K miles and we only drive Gladys (the 75 F250) a few times a month. VIxen is just the perfect car for scootin around in when it's not real devilish hot. Maybe one day I can get another early A body and build a dedicated slant 6 race car.

I would and I want to. Thing is, if we broke her, we'd be down a vehicle and right now, that's too important. The Escape is knockin on 200K miles and we only drive Gladys (the 75 F250) a few times a month. VIxen is just the perfect car for scootin around in when it's not real devilish hot. Maybe one day I can get another early A body and build a dedicated slant 6 race car.
I will tell you, our Vans get the most miles by a long shot every year (of our classics), and they don't get raced. Well, we took "the van of war" once to the track, and the '77 has a race date but normally that is NOT the case. We just drive them. We enjoy them.

Back when I had the 70 Dart, it got raced at the strip regularly, and driven to the track (about 50 miles one way). Never once broke or left me stranded, and I daily drove it from April to October, gladly dropping the hammer at every opportunity. The 75 Sport that I have now has only been driven a few times last year, still not sure of it at this point, so I haven't been pushing it yet.

The ol slant six duster with a big sway bar up front comes in hot to on/off ramps. Its fun to drive a slow car to its limit and not even break the law!:rofl:

I'm slowly building a race car with my 70 dart.
Goal is 10.00, no faster. Extra safe, hopefully going to be a very consistent. I didn't really realize how expensive it was going to be, but it is a Mopar and I'm not using too many 2nd hand parts.
I said this last year lol but hopefully by next season I'll be putting on a trailer to make my 1st pass..but I have a lot more to do before 5 months of winters
It's been 20 years since the last time I raced anything and it's my top bucket list to do it again

-
Back