Do you actually Hot Rod/Race your Mopar?

Honestly, do I hot rod or race my car ??? (flooring it 3 years ago doesn't count)

• Yep, I race! At the track or out back !!

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Once in a great while I go to the track or a back road

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • I don't race or hot rod my car. Cruises and car shows, that's it.

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
-
I will tell you, our Vans get the most miles by a long shot every year (of our classics), and they don't get raced. Well, we took "the van of war" once to the track, and the '77 has a race date but normally that is NOT the case. We just drive them. We enjoy them.
We live right off a main highway and it has some long straights. She may have seen triple digits a time or three. That is to say if I ever did that kinda thing.

Id like to have a slip for the barracuda once running. just to see. but racing a BB stick with 325/50s at the track, tends to break stuff....Ill have to sort it out first, maybe it can take it. Where is that clutch saver thread? :rolleyes:

The only slips I've got in my phone. The other 500 or so are scattered through the house.

20200315_155140.jpg

20200315_155121.jpg

20200315_155101.jpg

I've had this one on the track a few times, and will do so going forward. Mostly, I just drive it. It's a mighty 20-second car.

20160828_170936.jpg

Oh yeah, baby!! Just not often enough!!

20220614_Milan_Burnout.jpg

20220614_Milan_Launch1.jpg

Or how about roughly 30 years ago??? This one is still in the garage.
Charger_at_Milan_13413573614030.jpg

I don't have a pic of the 71 Demon at the track but it was at the track (Quaker City) numerous times in the mid 80's.

Honestly, I drive my car. Didn't build it to look at built it to drive. l'm in a rural area with great roads and wide open spaces. I know how it runs and have plenty of fun! 65'

Honestly, I drive my car. Didn't build it to look at built it to drive. l'm in a rural area with great roads and wide open spaces. I know how it runs and have plenty of fun! 65'
I totally get it

Nothing like turning that key, and FEELING THE POWER, that **** eating grin and the evil laugh comes on strong then... I do believe in safety. I don't condone stupid crap when there are other people around. Heck, I even miss that ol gear reduction starter sound.... ahhh, that sound. Now, turning a header sideways, to fight one o them big heavy SOBS out and back in?( and that was in a B body) I don't even know if I'm that hard headed anymore!

I don't use the old Mopar as hard as I use to.... I haven't been down the 1/4 in twenty plus years... I do still leave twin stripes on country roads every time I drive the car, I do still listen to the engine wind out under wide open throttle on most on-ramps & I still hit 100+ MPH a few times a month....

I don't use the old Mopar as hard as I use to.... I haven't been down the 1/4 in twenty plus years... I do still leave twin stripes on country roads every time I drive the car, I do still listen to the engine wind out under wide open throttle on most on-ramps & I still hit 100+ MPH a few times a month....
That's what they do, and that what ther fer!

Nothing like turning that key, and FEELING THE POWER, that **** eating grin and the evil laugh comes on strong then... I do believe in safety. I don't condone stupid crap when there are other people around. Heck, I even miss that ol gear reduction starter sound.... ahhh, that sound. Now, turning a header sideways, to fight one o them big heavy SOBS out and back in?( and that was in a B body) I don't even know if I'm that hard headed anymore!

You got that right! The mini starters just don't sound as cool.

NO SIR! but a lifetime, for 75 bucks, ( Oh wait, unless PepBoys goes under, and they did here, only tires and Services) and the fact they make A body Headers tolerable is a working deal.... they just need to add THAT SOUND MAN! Back when I was a kid, and the door shut, she spun over, that mill kicked off, then the starter wound down, you KNEW you were going for a ride! Even in Your daily, it was a Blast.

I ring it out almost every time I shift. I beat on my stuff. I drive 95% street. Try to be as safely as I can.

I set my beater 63 Belvedere (LA 318) for the street and drags. Unfortunately health issues have kept me away from the track.Maybe next season.
IMG_2966.jpg

A quarter mile build is pointless for me, but plenty of spirited street driving when safe and appropriate.
1200 - 5200 RPM is perfect... that's a stock 340 A body!
Car shows, no. Cruz night with the guys absolutely!

Still got the big old gear reduction starter. My old hookers are so old, the gr starter is the only one that fits. It's got a tube going right thru where the mini would be.
Edit: I think Hooker quit making the 2" adjustables I've got in the late eighties. Pull the front tube out the top, the rear tube through the wheelwell, and the starter falls out. (Just don't let it fall on you!)

Last edited:
I’ve had my 70 Duster for over 10 years and have NEVER driven it. Not proud of that fact, but it’s the truth!!

I’ve had my 70 Duster for over 10 years and have NEVER driven it. Not proud of that fact, but it’s the truth!!
Well, no need to ask if you race it...... Hope you get going soon!

It's been over 20 years for me as well since I raced or had a car to race. Sadly, the family life was more important and I put everything car related on the back burner. Kids are now grown and gone and so is the wife! Making them an ex-wife costs a lot, so it's taken a while, but I'm finally getting back to it.

Yes, I plan to hit the the track fairly regular depending on how often the car breaks. Use to be heavy in to street racing back in the 80's when I lived in Indy. For all those that knew that scene, I drove a '67 Monaco and a '73 Javelin. I might be a little spirited on the streets depending on the situation. :D I'll happily do cruises and will probably even do a few shows if I have nothing better to do.

-
Back