Do you actually Hot Rod/Race your Mopar?

Honestly, do I hot rod or race my car ??? (flooring it 3 years ago doesn't count)

• Yep, I race! At the track or out back !!

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • Once in a great while I go to the track or a back road

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • I don't race or hot rod my car. Cruises and car shows, that's it.

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
-
I do both when the opportunity is there. I'll go to musclepalooza, musclemania and atlantic mopar shows at Lebanon valley (upstate NY). Make passes and park in the show. Without a roll bar I won't compete though (11.0's @120's).I'll do 2 qualifies and break out the first elim.While on local turf will hit the Tuesday night cruise in, leave about 6pm and go for a drive, sometimes hanging it out.

DSC_0716 (Copy).JPG

My last W150 I could power shift 2-3 but 3-4 would grind.
Yea I want to somehow fit an A-body A833 into this truck. Having a divorced transfer case makes it somewhat doable.
I’d have to move the transfer case and crossmember back. Relocate the fuel tank. Lengthen the front driveline, shorten the rear, have a new intermediate shaft made.
Then make my own shift linkage.
Just a pipe dream, but I think about the swap every time I drive the truck. LOL

I have another junker w200 that I can cut up and practice the swap on, I suppose.

I have been only once in the racetrack with the barracuda, but I use it daily during rain season on open roads to test its performance :)

I still race my 67

but, getting older and the summer heat about kills me anymore , hoping for cooler weather soon and I will make a trip south in Much better
67pickupshop.jpg

The intention is to street and strip my wagon , I have almost everything to make it run .. need some ambition to put it together
valiantoutsidesideshot.jpg

I've never taken this down the track , I think would just break into the high 12's if so , its pretty quick
70.jpg

Where do you race at in S.D. ? What's the car run ?
Thunder Valley , Marion ,SD .. best for it was 10.41 @ 127 .. Normally it runs 10.50's in the heat .. we used to run late into the fall but, for some reason we quit doing that .. July and August in the upper 90's no good for me

Thunder Valley , Marion ,SD .. best for it was 10.41 @ 127 .. Normally it runs 10.50's in the heat .. we used to run late into the fall but, for some reason we quit doing that .. July and August in the upper 90's no good for me
Nice! That's quick!

I run my 340 Dart at the Mopar Nationals each year and at Moparty in Bowling Green. I also take it to Edgewater and ThornHill Raceway ( Oldest continuously running track in the country). Plus I have been know to possibly run above the speed limit from 0-60 on occasion.

Not sure what you meant by "or out back". Vague communications is one of my pet peeves. "Once in a great while I go to the track or a back road" was closest to my situation. I spent FAR too much time and money restoring my car to take it to an actual race track. If I were to wreck my car at a drag strip (easy enough to hit a wall), my insurance company (and yours) would say SORRY. Not willing to risk that.

Need a couple additional items before I take it down the track: frame connectors, and drag radials (215's won't do it).

For now I do a lot of "spirited" driving every time I go out.
I had 225s that came w/ my Duster. When I put my 340 in it, I matted Her, and she INSTANTLY came around. Went to good ol 295/50s.... like the old school look anyways.

Not sure what you meant by "or out back". Vague communications is one of my pet peeves. "Once in a great while I go to the track or a back road" was closest to my situation. I spent FAR too much time and money restoring my car to take it to an actual race track. If I were to wreck my car at a drag strip (easy enough to hit a wall), my insurance company (and yours) would say SORRY. Not willing to risk that.
the ole phrase.... "gonna take ya out back" .... you got it figured out :)

I still race my 67

but, getting older and the summer heat about kills me anymore , hoping for cooler weather soon and I will make a trip south in Much better View attachment 1715968474
I had a 66 Sat, I Don't miss the floor jack stunts to get the body high enough where the axle goes into full hang to Wrestle them tires out... you got a Beautiful Ride Man!

.... when I was a kid, we'd race our Stomper's. I mean, we had push outs, hill climbs, through the dirt, etc etc.... but we raced them up a isle as well.... :) I guess I started young !!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHnClQyxk834dO0UjNpbICUZZGbg2MgpMz7kIXlmpeFQ&s.jpg

upload_2022-8-11_16-50-30.jpeg

I still have a nice collection of these....

Here is my 1965 Dodge Dart street car, with a 225 ci \6, 4 speed and 3.5 gears, out running one of those V things.

07021501-1.jpg

So, yeah, I race my junk.

Yea I want to somehow fit an A-body A833 into this truck. Having a divorced transfer case makes it somewhat doable.
I’d have to move the transfer case and crossmember back. Relocate the fuel tank. Lengthen the front driveline, shorten the rear, have a new intermediate shaft made.
Then make my own shift linkage.
Just a pipe dream, but I think about the swap every time I drive the truck. LOL

I have another junker w200 that I can cut up and practice the swap on, I suppose.
Then you'd have a much weaker transmission. Go for it. I like seein broken stuff, as long as it's somebody else's.

I haven't had my new Dart out yet but it'll hit the track this month weather permitting. And we have a big local race on Labor Day weekend that I will make an appearance. Crashing the old Dart took the wind out of my sails for a good while but I'm back to wrenching on the new one weekly
crash2.jpg
new dart5.jpg
NEW DART.jpg

My Duster isn't fast enough to take to the track but, I do beat on it a little for fun...got to blow out the cob webs..lol
My Challenger on the other hand, I'm afraid of breaking stuff if it hooks up. I pound on it on the street though and, if you line up next to at a light or going down the road...It's on!!

-
Back