Do you "trust in the FOOSE" !!???????

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Nice custom car builder, but if someone let him butcher up my classic Mopar I would lose my mind!
take mine to graveyardcarz!

Yes I trust Chip Foose. He would listen to my wants and needs, if I told him I didn't want something done he would listen. He is also a great big hearted guy that goes above and beyond for people. That douche from Graveyard Carz is just a tool. Wouldn't let him touch my mopar if he was the ONLY mopar restoration man on the planet!

J-par,

Taking it to GYC would be butchering it!!! I've been to the shop and seen the work they have done. Seen any of their cars get any awards?

I have never had a problem with Foose. He is a custom car builder, not a lets make it numbers matching car builder. Some of his stuff I like some I don't. That sounds pretty much like the cars the owners here have. Some we like, some we don't. I met the guy a few years ago. He took the time to talk and sound genuinely interested in my car.

By the way, the guy standing beside me in the photo below goes by the name Chip Foose.

Jack

if i wanted a pro-touring look, yes i would definitely let chip foose do it, but since im going for a late 70s modified look then no

GYC are a bunch of circus clowns playing in pee wee's playhouse. Chip Foose gets **** done!
I don't care if graveyard carz specializes only in mopars, I CANT STAND Mark!!!

Foose as long as I had the ultimate say in colors, no fricken two-tone BS!

I would absolutely trust chip foose. I can't stand is typical two tone pro touring look but he does amazing work and I am sure if you go the cheese he will build exactly how you want.

I'd love to hand over my Duster to Foose. Since it wasn't anything special from the factory I'd let him have free reign.... The worst that could happen is I'd end up with 20" wheels and 500 HP. :)

I like foose but I hate how all his muscle cars have 2 tone paint jobs and 20' inch rims he had a pair on a 64 plymouth and he ruined the car I thought

Foose as long as I had the ultimate say in colors, no fricken two-tone BS!

Heard that loud and clear.

I told my family a few times that if they ever took my car it had better come back reasonablr to drive daily, and BETTER NOT be in two tone.

i'd hand over the keys to my Demon to either one of em, they do better work than i ;) that said, Mr. Foose is one of a kind, the dood is effin incredible from design to finish product !

Foose comes across a little to smoke and mirrors for me. A turd covered in nice paint is still a turd.

are you comparing overhaulin to his own shop work? Isn't overhaulin a mix bag of people? they aren't all Foose employees.

He's a custom builder, you tell him what you want, I'm sure he would build exactly what you want if you're paying.

I think that Foose has got a huge amount of talent. I doubt anyone would argue with that. But he is a customizer that tends to 'modernize' the vehicles he works on. I like a lot of the mods he makes - but not all.

I'd like to see him build a car that doesn't have the huge diameter wheels. I realize that he's got his own trademark wheels that he sells but I don't feel they look right on most musclecars.

View attachment foose-challenger-polished-dodge-challenger-3.jpg

View attachment foose-fishtail-custom-painted-pontiac-gto.jpg

View attachment BCC_Springroundup_160-B.jpg

I don't quite understand all of the hate for Graveyard Carz. I would've thought that folks on a Mopar site would be ecstatic that someone created a show based upon restoring Chrysler products. I see that a lot of comments revolve around people disliking Worman. I had a brief Facebook conversation with him a few years back and he admitted that much of the show's drama is put on. He was trying to emulate the friction that was present on American Chopper because he was told that there would never be enough interest in a Mopar restoration show without a lot of drama added in.

As far as I can see, the cars restored on Graveyard Carz are outstanding.

View attachment 703579_170.jpg

View attachment 4493981_orig.jpg

Foose for sure! The GYC guys couldn't even do the phantasm tribute car right. Granted its a dumbass producer making everyone act like a jackass. If I wanted an OE resto I'd prefer GYC, but I like modified, so the nod goes to Foose.

I know this will be a shock:D but I know a few people that have been involved in reality shows and they may as well be called "the fake hour of real people acting like fools as scripted". They are nothing but phony bs and its all the way the producer wants it. I would bet those guys on gyc don't act anything like they do on the show. One guy I knew met Paul sr from occ and was surprised to see how cool everything was, that's when Paul smiled, winked and said "its all for the cameras baby!". And Chip foose is the coolest dude around.

remember I started off as nice car builder? I was just saying I don't think I would want my car to end up I guess with a two tone paint job and big wheels like the little kids around town ride around with. I got to go with my cynical self and think?-- I like the comment about the smoke and mirrors, maybe just a little too good to be true, and with the graveyard Carz guys you can't really think that there that slapstick and put out such nice products? and as far as them winning any awards, I don't think that's what they're into I think they're into just doing it right. Whether they get the award or not. Please remember this is tv we are taking about ! NOT your mom, so eeaaassssyyyyyyy?
ps.I don't want my ride pimped!

I'd trust Foose over Graveyard Carz any day.
Foose is a Canadian BTW.......

I think that Foose has got a huge amount of talent. I doubt anyone would argue with that. But he is a customizer that tends to 'modernize' the vehicles he works on. I like a lot of the mods he makes - but not all.

I'd like to see him build a car that doesn't have the huge diameter wheels. I realize that he's got his own trademark wheels that he sells but I don't feel they look right on most musclecars.

View attachment 1714786001

View attachment 1714786002

View attachment 1714786003

I don't quite understand all of the hate for Graveyard Carz. I would've thought that folks on a Mopar site would be ecstatic that someone created a show based upon restoring Chrysler products. I see that a lot of comments revolve around people disliking Worman. I had a brief Facebook conversation with him a few years back and he admitted that much of the show's drama is put on. He was trying to emulate the friction that was present on American Chopper because he was told that there would never be enough interest in a Mopar restoration show without a lot of drama added in.

As far as I can see, the cars restored on Graveyard Carz are outstanding.

View attachment 1714786009

View attachment 1714786010
X2 agreed

He may be big hearted, but I really can't stand the cars that come out of that shop. I'm sure they are high quality, but I really can't get into the big wheel look and that seems to be his specialty. So I guess my answer is no; I wouldn't trust him to produce something I would want.

-
Back