Dodge Confirms 6.2 Hellcat Hemi To Debut In August 2014

-
That could be a good thing.

Did you guys see the damned Challenger with that in as "proposed"? NICE looking car!!!!!!

It's official , the latest release lists options and features including , high impact colours , an 8 speed torqueflite , redesigned body styling in the wind tunnel and a Valet Mode key fob that limits engine , suspension and transmission modes to low rpm and low speed with full traction control = no more test pilots crap when you drop the car off for an oil change or go to a nice place for dinner . The release I read did not mention pricing or power numbers but at "over 600hp"it is the most powerful V8 Ma Mopar has ever produced for public sale . Guess my Hiatus is ending I'm gonna have to go back to work YeeHaw lick my tail pipe pony boys !

Anyone here crazy enough to swap that engine in an a-body?

Can you get it in a manual transmission if so I'm selling out would like one very low optioned bare basics as possible

It's about time that they FINALLY are going to supercharge. The competition has been kicking their *** for years.

Awesome car! Looking forward to Hellcat vs. Shelby GT500 road tests... Mopar hit a home run with the 71 styling, new interior and powertrain options on the new Challengers! Very cool looking cars!

Attachments

• 746670a0-e021-11e3-9b0b-29712a26a898_DG015_148CL.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 423
  • abe41140-e021-11e3-90c1-3f02cc682977_DG015_146CL.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 6922fc90-e021-11e3-a133-4faed74dc839_DG015_157CL.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 52a981f0-e021-11e3-b674-df2b33afb8bd_DG015_142CL.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 26f35270-e021-11e3-a133-4faed74dc839_DG015_145CL.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 422
I read this article earlier today. Very cool, but pretty sure the price will be up there as well ... I was talking a couple of guys at work today about the crazy prices of the new American muscle cars, they unfortunately no longer for the "masses" ... No average worker can shell out that kind of $$ !

I think the release of this monster will shut up the "majority" of the new generation Mopar haters. Not all. See below this post lol. The most horsepower ever sold by mopar to the public? Come on...... BADASS!!!!!!

Anyone here crazy enough to swap that engine in an a-body?

In a heartbeat. It is only a matter of time before there are a few popping up on ebay from totaled cars. With more than 600 hp you know it will not take long for someone to loose it.

In a heartbeat. It is only a matter of time before there are a few popping up on ebay from totaled cars. With more than 600 hp you know it will not take long for someone to loose it.

That would be absolutely wicked!! I'd also like to put the brakes on my Duster! 15.4" rotors with 6 piston calipers!!

very nice, i admit i always had a soft spot for the new challengers...it looks they changed the body a bit here and there, opened up the wheel wells? maybe... i cant tell. did they mention a curb weight?? they GOTTA get it down a couple hundred pounds man.

This would be fun ,transplanted.... Somehow,I would expect a crate engine availability.

Base price $45K? Better than I thought it would be. Sweet car!

Another nail in the coffin for OLD car muscle ... i am telling you .. the end is near for old muscle...

The first thing that came to mind was , I wonder how much I would have to butcher the firewall and tunnel to get that both the engine and 8speed auto into my car ? I wonder if the conversion mounts people have been using for their 5.7 swaps will work with this setup ? haha ! I can always do a 2 way swap with the stroker and 904 going into the chally , bet they start at around 60k here in Canada but hey it's only money , who needs an RRSP account if you can buy one of these and go out in a blaze of glory .
They did state earlier that it was going on a diet but I haven't seen anything about how much weight they were dropping and it might be the camera angle but it looks like they sharpened some of the body lines , the previous cars always look rounder to me .

Another nail in the coffin for OLD car muscle ... i am telling you .. the end is near for old muscle...

Funny you say that, I was thinking here I am pouring money
into my classics and I could have bought this monster............
But in the end I love my classics........

-
Back