Dodge Dart 68 windshield rubber, HELP!

-

Achill

Reaction score
hi! I have 2dr Dodge Dart 1968, and couple months before I’ve bought the wrong rubber, somehow it’s bigger and the whole process is stuck!!!

“1968-1976 DODGE DART PLYMOUTH VALIANT 2/4 DR SEDAN WINDSHIELD RUBBER SEAL IN STK” this is the discription from the seller, who made mistake and how to get the new one in a urgent way? I’m month away from US :(

5FAFB3CD-AD7D-4E9B-96FE-5CC0C3F6508F.jpeg

Where are you from? It is very unfortunate when foreign members, who already pay a premium for shipping and perhaps endure an unfavorable exchange rate, get bad or incorrect parts. For this reason, it is best to stick with well known, name brand parts from reputable dealers. Steele Rubber products is a very good brand. So is Metro. I HIGHLY recommend you look on the Classic Industries or Year One websites (both are FABO sponsors). Their advertisements appear on the right side of your computer screen when you are looking at the FABO website. Good luck.

79304B22-0425-4190-A4F9-90CB4C4A8AF9.jpeg
I’m from Russia. Yeap, looks like wrong seller. If there anything that I should know about my Dart to order correct rubber?

1968-1974 Reproduction windshield gasket for A BODY 2 & 4 door sedan models only.”

This is from yearone, is it my one?

View attachment 1715395069 I’m from Russia. Yeap, looks like wrong seller. If there anything that I should know about my Dart to order correct rubber?

1968-1974 Reproduction windshield gasket for A BODY 2 & 4 door sedan models only.”

This is from yearone, is it my one?
No it is not, you have a 2dr hardtop. The 2dr sedan has a post in the middle between the roof and the door like a 4dr car. The ht models have a lower windshield than the 2dr/4dr sedan.

Last edited:
It may be an optical illusion but I would measure the window opening (top to bottom) and the glass to be sure the two are correct for each other. the glass in your photos looks not as tall as the window opening in your dart. (disregarding the incorrect rubber seal in the photo)

Obviously if you took the glass out and it fit correctly to begin with you can disregard my suggestion

(good looking Dart by the way)

Find a vendor who sells the Precision brand of windshield gaskets. You will need a WCRD 690 for the 68 to 76 A-Body Hardtop windshield gasket. Should be around $90 to $95 depending upon the vendor. Have sold hundreds of them with no issues.

Find a vendor who sells the Precision brand of windshield gaskets. You will need a WCRD 690 for the 68 to 76 A-Body Hardtop windshield gasket. Should be around $90 to $95 depending upon the vendor. Have sold hundreds of them with no issues.

AMD handles the Precision gaskets

You should be able to resell the unused 2-4 door sedan gasket on FABO if you cannot return it for a refund. Lots of members here have the 4 door sedans. Sedan gasket on those with the taller windshield goes from 1968-1976.

You should be able to resell the unused 2-4 door sedan gasket on FABO if you cannot return it for a refund. Lots of members here have the 4 door sedans. Sedan gasket on those with the taller windshield goes from 1968-1976.
thanks to all for your immediate and kind help here, appreciate that!

I'm sure it's hard enough building an American car over in Russia. Cant wait to see pix of it on the road. You should start a restoration thread for it. I would love to see pictures of the progress.

BTW you need to install the dashboard frame first before installing the windshield, otherwise you cant get to the upper dashboard frame bolts once the glass is installed.

-
Back