Dodge Durango Driveshaft

-

hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
I just installed a 727/8 3/4 set up in my car (72 Duster) and I'm down to the driveshaft . Now I realize a new driveshaft is nice but the cheap in me says look for used . My measurements for my DS came out to 45 1/4 so through all my search's I found that a 98-98 Dodge Durango uses a 45 1/4 DS with 1310 ends . I'll have to use combo joints for my set up and I've have found 2 DS in local bone yards for $75 . I know this is not suitable for everyone's build and maybe I'm late to the game and everyone already knows about the Durango DS . Thought I'd pass it along

I just installed a 727/8 3/4 set up in my car (72 Duster) and I'm down to the driveshaft . Now I realize a new driveshaft is nice but the cheap in me says look for used . My measurements for my DS came out to 45 1/4 so through all my search's I found that a 98-98 Dodge Durango uses a 45 1/4 DS with 1310 ends . I'll have to use combo joints for my set up and I've have found 2 DS in local bone yards for $75 . I know this is not suitable for everyone's build and maybe I'm late to the game and everyone already knows about the Durango DS . Thought I'd pass it along

Do you not have a DS now? My local guy will shorten and balance mine for $85.

Also, good to know for use who started with a slip-joint style from a 65' I'll look at the Durango DS. Thanks for this.

The Durango slip yoke is not compatible with the 727 tranny
I understand that. There is a u joint between the drive shaft and slip yoke right? I thought they made u joints that can be used to connect the 904 yoke to a different drive shaft.

I get what your saying but I bought a new 1350 yoke a long time ago so thats what I'm using . I just looked online and I'm not sure if the Durango tranny won't work with 727 tranny . Still checking

The spline count is the same,but the splines are at a different angle than the 727. R u using a 904 yoke? Then u should be able to find a conversion u joint. Kim

The spline count is the same,but the splines are at a different angle than the 727. R u using a 904 yoke? Then u should be able to find a conversion u joint. Kim
I have 1350 yoke and I have a conversion joint coming from Dr Diff . Dr Diff was the only place to have a 7290/1350 joint that I could find .

OK I finally got my u joints installed and the DS fit perfect . The Durango slip yoke will not work with a 727 tranny . If your going to try the Durango DS get a 7290 slip yoke and save yourself some money not buying a conversion joint .

Thanks. I was just curious. I'm rebuilding an 04 Dakota quad cab for my wife, that's a 2wd automatic. It has a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft that I'm gonna have to repair or replace. The dipwads that had it before us let the muffler rub the driveshaft when a hanger broke, and it has a pretty deep groove rubbed in it. It's bad enough that I'm not going to send my wife out in it! I guess I'll get the local driveline shop to just replace the tube. I stopped at the biggest truck salvage yard in Western NC the other day and asked if they had a driveshaft for an 04 Dakota 2wd quad cab. The guy chuckled and said....."Nope, we're all out of hens teeth!" LOL

-
Back