Dodge King Daytona is the most powerful muscle car you can buy

-
that's a lot of power, I just wish Dodge would change the design of the charger...never been a fan of this generation of bodies

And Borla is making kits to add the sound to other electric cars…..

Thanks but no thanks. Fake engine sounds are beyond ridiculous.

Why would they need fake engine sounds?
Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 11.38.08 AM.png

Scroll down. There's an ad about the electric challnger at the top. The actual article is below that

I clicked play on the thing and it talked about the first electric Charger. My mistake if OP was talking about a gas version. They are sharp looking cars.

I clicked play on the thing and it talked about the first electric Charger. My mistake if OP was talking about a gas version. They are sharp looking cars.
Yeah that's Fox News trying to get you to engage with their advertising.

And still the same PIECE OF **** body style we've been stuck with almost twenty years. Automakers don't know what it means to change body styles anymore.

I have a sub 150 HP '93 S10 pickup. Its the newest vehicle I own. I rarely get passed. I guess for people that live in places where the roads are nice enough to use that kind of power, they would have a use for a machine that puts out more than 5-600, but it seems that above that power level, you wont use it for anything but track. I see a lot of HP on the streets that is just hot air. I know the folks on this forum have the anatomy to put it to the floor, but generally speaking......just saying ...not trying to be a downer.

I have a sub 150 HP '93 S10 pickup. Its the newest vehicle I own. I rarely get passed. I guess for people that live in places where the roads are nice enough to use that kind of power, they would have a use for a machine that puts out more than 5-600, but it seems that above that power level, you wont use it for anything but track. I see a lot of HP on the streets that is just hot air. I know the folks on this forum have the anatomy to put it to the floor, but generally speaking......just saying ...not trying to be a downer.
You just said a mouthful.

when I bought my ‘15 SRT Challenger I debated a lot with myself to buy the Hellcat. Later I considered a Redeye. I still have the ‘15 with 392 and 6 speed manual. More power would be a waste in me….heck it only 14,500 miles on it.

MY C8 Corvette is 495 HP and runs up here at
Altitude 11.41 @ 118.50
My C7 Z06 is 650 HP and runs 10.81 @130
Both my Valiants run in the 10 Sec. range.
Everyone of them is a blast to Drive on the Road!
However, I do live in Dry Desolate Nevada Desert!

Ok. Ill be the devils advocate here. If I were to buy one....(and I would not for a couple reasons that have nothing to do with this comment...) it would be nice to let people know Im-a-comin-in-hot! So I get it....loud pipes save lives n all.

Yall seen the new EXTERIOR speaker bar from Borla? It houses two 6x9 speakers and mounts under the car to produce real car sounds. They call it "active performance sound". No, I ain't kiddin.

Borla Active Performance Sound for Electric Vehicles

all girls garage just installed one on a mustang mach e. pretty amazing how it works with the computers in the car to make the sound so life like. love to hear one in person.

Buying one of these has all the emotional engagement of buying a kettle or a dishwasher.

No visceral experience at all , just a means to get from point a to point b.

No Thanks!!

VRrrrrrrroooooommmmmmmmm !!! Heck yea, I AM A HEMI!!!!!!!!! OK, so an old 74 year old, OLD fart HEMI!!!! Hear my sound!!!!!!!

all girls garage just installed one on a mustang mach e. pretty amazing how it works with the computers in the car to make the sound so life like. love to hear one in person.
But you know, guys in the automotive world have a word for this kinda thing and I think it fits pretty damn good.

POSER

The amount of people in this thread that STILL think the article is about an electric vehicle is hilarious. Ignore the Challenger video guys, scroll down to the Charger

The amount of people in this thread that STILL think the article is about an electric vehicle is hilarious. Ignore the Challenger video guys, scroll down to the Charger
I know it's not electric. Look at my first comment. I don't like it because it's the same old body style we've had for so long.

-
Back