Does anybody have Mom's '62 Lancer GT?

-

MAXWEDGECHARLIE

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In 1972 Dad wrecked the '68 Custom Suburban and Mom needed a car. In the local PennySaver was a '62 Lancer for sale. It was being sold by the parents of a guy I went to school with. We already had a '62 2 door sedan so why not another? It was metallic green with a green bucket seat interior, 170 and a Torqueflite. It showed 49,000 miles, the quarters were a little rusty but Mom fell in love! Mom and Dad went everywhere with it, 1000 miles to Florida, no problem. The one time dad packed the trunk with spare parts and in Florida the u-joint went. Yup, no u-joint in the trunk! At 115,000 the oil pump drive gear broke and I rebuilt the engine. I replaced everything but 3 rods! Then they put another 75,000 on my rebuild. In 1985 it got a little long in the tooth and even with me being in the business Dad couldn't keep it going. So they traded it in on a new K-Car. They were offered $500 and I couldn't cover it. The dealer was in Chestertown, MD. When Dad went to the back of the shop to get their belongings he said the crew was arguing about who was going to drive it first! At the one reunion I told the guy Mom had bought his car and he said "Geez, it had 149,000 when I had it!" Her VIN is 7426147234. If you have her great, I really don't want her back unless she is languishing away..... I just want to know if she has survived. Oh, and they put 185,000 on the K-CAR!

Last edited:
keep looking! i found my mom's original 68 GTS that she bought new,,sold, and lost for 30 years,,when i found it, there was still little specks of her island dragway class winner stickers!
IMG_0175.jpg

I hope you can find her. Not likely though. Not many folks put much value on them. Not me!

-
Back