Does anyone know who was the previous owner of my car?

-

jcolman

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that he thinks the previous owner was a member of this group. I'd love to talk with whoever built this car. I purchased it from Hanksters in PA last week. Originally a 318 car now with a 340, Edlebrock heads & carb, wilwood brakes, etc. I have some questions about the cam and the A/C unit.

Thanks!

uz7jP76.jpg

7H0hpqK.jpg

View attachment 1715739244

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd have some questions about the A/C unit too. First one on my mind is: What A/C unit? Do you mean the 60/40 unit?

Also, I would never post my entire VIN number.

Yeah, I'd have some questions about the A/C unit too. First one on my mind is: What A/C unit? Do you mean the 60/40 unit?

Also, I would never post my entire VIN number.
That's just it, I don't know what A/C unit was planned for this car. The is a partial unit installed under the dash and you can see that the connections and wiring seem to be ready for the compressor and hoses to be installed.

Also, for some reason, I cannot delete the photo of my vin #.

Last edited:
Also, for some reason, I cannot delete the photo of my vin #
Edit the post, go to "more options" , delete the html code, it will look something like this "[AT TACH=full]1715739421[/AT TACH]" AND delete the photo also.

Screenshot_20210518-142426.png

Last edited:
That round plastic plate on the firewall is part of a classic auto air kit.
I installed that kit in my swinger but made my own plate instead of the cheesy plastic one.

Mopar Air Conditioning | Mopar AC Systems & OEM Parts

Looks like they did some custom spacing on the alternator brackets to get the alt to clear the head. Probably gave up on the AC install when it came time to install the compressor. Getting all the pulleys lined up was the hardest part of the install on mine.
Did the rest of the AC parts come with the car at least?

That round plastic plate on the firewall is part of a classic auto air kit.
I installed that kit in my swinger but made my own plate instead of the cheesy plastic one.

Mopar Air Conditioning | Mopar AC Systems & OEM Parts

Looks like they did some custom spacing on the alternator brackets to get the alt to clear the head. Probably gave up on the AC install when it came time to install the compressor. Getting all the pulleys lined up was the hardest part of the install on mine.
Did the rest of the AC parts come with the car at least?
Thanks!

No, the only parts that came with the car are the big air box under the dash, some vent hoses and the stuff you see on the firewall. Evidently, my car was in the process of having A/C installed when it was sold to Hanksters Hotrods. I tried to get them to put me in touch with the previous owner and they told me "that was against their policy".

But probably not against their policy for you to provide them your information for them to pass on to the previous owner to contact you if he wants to. I've done that before with good results.

But probably not against their policy for you to provide them your information for them to pass on to the previous owner to contact you if he wants to. I've done that before with good results.
I asked them to please do that but the reply I received was non commmital. So I sent another email to the owner of the company asking to simply pass my informaiton on to the previous owner saying that I wanted to buy the remaining A/C unit parts if they were still available. We'll see if I get a response.

Last edited:
Ask the Commonwealth of PA to send you a chain of title. It costs some money, but if they send the file for your VIN you could get some good info. I've gotten the original bill of sale and the bill of sale to the second owner for one of my Darts from the state of Tennessee...

I just heard back from the seller who said that he would pass my contact info on to the last owner of the car. Hopefully I'll hear back from him.

Also, if anyone is interested, here's the video of my car that Hanksters put out on their website. A bit misleading in that they claim all the instruments work when in fact the water temp and speedometer didn't work when I received the car but no big deal as I'm replacing all that anyway with a new system.

-
Back