Does anyone make fiberglass reproduction 1969 'Cuda hood (w/scoops)?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Does anyone make a repro of the '69 'Cuda hood with the scoops that sit towards the rear of the hood? Or...does anyone make repros of the scoops themselves?

Second question: Do these scoops line up with bracing on the hood or is there opportunity to cut holes and make these scoops functional? I realize that they're small and might not be in an ideal location from an aerodynamics perspective...but they're pretty damn cool looking.

AAR doesn't seem to offer one...
Plymouth Barracuda (1967-69) | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions

95568-500-0.jpg

The scoops are repopped. PG Classics has them and possibly BE&A. On a stock hood, the access holes are already there in the stamping.

The scoops are repopped. PG Classics has them and possibly BE&A. On a stock hood, the access holes are already there in the stamping.

Excellent...I'll check them out. I've only come across a couple of actual 1969 'Cudas and I never thought to look if the scoops were functional. I just assumed that like the Twister scoops and many others, they were decoration only. Very cool...

They are decoration only. My scoops had already been drilled by a previous owner, so I opened them up and made them functional. I also had to move them forward on the hood about 6 inches to clear the bracing, but nobody notices.

IMG_4494.JPG

Cayuga pits.jpeg

-
Back