Does driver quality count as a resto?

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
Some more progress on my Duster. Front end is already done with the 73+ conversion.

Friend of mine found me "the" set of centerlines to have, so pretty pumped about that, they are my favourite wheel of all time.

Painted the hood hot rod black, I have the callout decal that I will screw up......I mean put on today or tomorrow.

'Tuff' grant wheel with spacer added.

Install seats, engine and trans and maybe I will get to do a burnout in my backlane before it snows

dusterhood.jpg

dustercenterlines.jpg

dustertuff.jpg

Looks restored to me! Usually restored means to restore to original specifications, ie motor, paint interior...F that. Build it the way you want. If that is factory, great..you can now have it judged by pompous know-it-alls who will ding you for radials. Build it to your taste and the only judge will be yourself, and probably the most critical! Pride in ownership is what its all about. Looks great!

Nice car, I'm looking forward to seeing more posts and more pictures.
To me, ''driver quality'' is not a resto, but a refurbishment.
Love the wheels, BTW!

I have that same Grant steering wheel, you might want to pull it and put some more clear paint on it, paint is thin. Mine started to rust about a month after I installed it, but I do live in South Carolina a few miles from the Ocean, Nice looking Duster.

Jeff

Frankly I would MUCH rather see some sort of "driven" than a trailer/ hanger/ garage queen!!!

OH!!........and you are a "closet" 57 Chev owner?

A true "restoration" would be a car in the original condition that you would see if it were new in the showroom. Otherwise it would be "resti-fied"
Just a note on the Centerlines, depending on their age they may not be rated for radial tires or DOT street approved. They should be stamped on the back with this info.

Looks great! I think it comes down to what you want, as mentioned above, it's your car, your choice how you want it. Drive the damn thing and enjoy it, you'll have a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel and every time someone says " Hey, nice car man".

Be sure to have an appraisal done by someone who has knowledge of Mopars if you haven't already done so. I know a licensed appraiser in Winnipeg who is very knowledgeable in Mopars. If you are interested I can contact him and see if he has time to meet with you.

Frankly I would MUCH rather see some sort of "driven" than a trailer/ hanger/ garage queen!!!

OH!!........and you are a "closet" 57 Chev owner?

Just tell him the 57 is your dad's, he'll believe it. LOL

..there is no right or wrong in this hobby.
Pompous know- it- alls?...that can't be good.

The 57 was a lapse in judgement and paying for it now bringing it back to life lol.

Any guidelines where to put the 340 hood callout? I have searched, and the conclusion i have is the factory just stuck em on as them line rolled?

I am tearing dad's Dart down to the bones and refinishing most aspects of it. It will still only be "driver" level quality as we are painting trim and such that would be cost prohibitive to try to restore. And he likes the blacked out look.

20210915_083224.jpg

I don't know if this will help. I am not going this route as I want a sleeper, the only thing on car will be the little metal badge on the right fender that says v8

Your goal of restoration can be to maybe 1. make it a museum piece or 2. restore it to "driver" condition, which means make it drive down the road and meet YOUR requirements!!!! I prefer the later unless you have some extremely rare and worthy model!
The only person you should worry about getting compliments from is YOU!

Some more progress on my Duster. Front end is already done with the 73+ conversion.

Friend of mine found me "the" set of centerlines to have, so pretty pumped about that, they are my favourite wheel of all time.

Painted the hood hot rod black, I have the callout decal that I will screw up......I mean put on today or tomorrow.

'Tuff' grant wheel with spacer added.

Install seats, engine and trans and maybe I will get to do a burnout in my backlane before it snows

View attachment 1715789168

View attachment 1715789169

View attachment 1715789170
nice, those are my all time favorite wheels too

resstoration is a challenge...it doesn't have to be something unusable or delicate, it just makes for a more difficult and sometimes costly build.And driver can go through roof with pricy aftermarket strokers and so on.
i'm not a restorer but guys that restore take too much heat.I love to see detailed restorations.
When someone says my factory style build has something that's not right for a restoration they are correct and i agree but a lot of guys get upset?

-
Back