Does the Auburn Pro Series need additive in the diff fluid?

-

Heywodja

The Heartbeat Stops Here
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to change the fluid in my diff. It has an auburn pro series installed.
I plan on using LUC10042 SAE 85W-140 Heavy Duty Gear Oil.
I am not sure whether it requires additive or not.

Read the label.

Some brands do not require an additive, Lucas does have at least one that you do not have to add anything extra too.

There are no "clutches that I know of in the Auburn Pro so why would I need a friction additive?

I read the Auburn website, it really did not say either way, but they do offer an additive...
I am no expert so I figured that there would be enough chatter for or against that would help either way.

Yes, you should use the additive. Cone type LSDs can chatter too. Not only that, but the friction modifier additive helps reduce temperatures too. That's no down side, so run it.

Thanks everyone.. I would have just put the fluid in and called it good. I will put some additive in and let er rip..

Sorry post went before i could finish! Anyway auburn would chatter anyway. Not enough additive. Drained rear bought K&W limited slip additive which had 3 times as little silly bottle worked like a charm! Rusty is right heat is reduced and smoother operation around corners.

-
Back